Myths according to five year olds

Discussion in 'Childhood and Beyond (4+)' started by MNTwinSquared, Mar 12, 2011.

1. MNTwinSquared

MNTwinSquared Well-Known Member

I am on a weekend away from the kids, first one in... Well, forever. I get a call from my daughter who is at grandma's house. Audrey asks me if she could get her hair cut like grandma's. Audrey has long hair. I have asked her in the past if she wanted to cut it short and she has said: "no, I am a girl!". I have just left it at that because I like her long hair. Well, tonight grandma told her the truth. Apparently she thought that if she cut her hair short she would turn into a boy. :shok: so, I may have a short haired girl soon. Her hair is not very thick so I think long is the way to go, but I guess it is her choice. I just thought that was funny!

Next?

2. rissakaye

rissakaye Well-Known Member TS Moderator

That's a great one. Sarah had her hair cut short, but didn't like it. She's letting it grow back out.

I'm going to have to think on this. I'm quite sure they've said things like that. I just can't remember.

Marissa

3. Dielle

Dielle Well-Known Member

Funny! Sage's baby fine hair at that age actually looked so much better in a short bob than when it was long. So maybe you'l be pleasantly surprised.

4. Minette

Minette Well-Known Member

Amy informed me that in the time of the dinosaurs, there was just one big piece of land with oceans all around (which is at least partially true), but when I asked her how that changed, she said, "Because a big meteor hit the earth and shaked it and that broke the land apart." :ibiggrin: I tried to straighten her out, but she was pleased with her explanation and didn't want to hear it, so I gave up -- there's plenty of time to learn the distinction between continental drift and the extinction of the dinosaurs.