Nap mats or sleeping bags at pre-k

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by happyfortwo, Aug 19, 2011.

1. happyfortwo

happyfortwo Member

My boys (who are four) will be starting pre-school in about a week. During their day they will have to nap for about an hour. The school provides a mat to lay on but people have suggested I bring a sleeping bag for them. Do any of you have any suggestions? Looking for something that washes well too. Thanks for your help!

2. vtlakey

vtlakey Well-Known Member

I can't really say from experience because our twins are only 27 months old, but when I saw these Nap N Go mats on sale at kids.woot.com for a second time last month for only $9.99 each I decided to buy 2 of them based on reviews:

http://www.overstock.com/Home-Garden/Nap-n-go-Kids-Sports-Nap-Roll/3345952/product.html

I recall one of the woot.com reviewers then saying that she was a pre-school teacher and that a couple of her kids used them (and they had to take them home and launder weekly, like most day cares require too) and that they held up reasonably well with her experience. So I bought 2 of them. I just got them out of the box today (after the box sitting around for a month, LOL) and haven't washed them yet. But plan to this weekend.

3. orangeyaglad

orangeyaglad Well-Known Member

We just bring blankets as they get their own cot to use everyday and it's cleaned everyday. You can always ask the school what they prefer. Good luck! :)

4. shannon713

shannon713 Active Member

I just purchased nap mats off amazon and the brand was Wildkin (http://www.amazon.com/Olive-Kids-Trains-Planes-Trucks/dp/B003F1FETS/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1313841222&sr=8-4)

I have not washed them yet (i'm hoping they hold up well) but they are the perfect size and the mats are large enough for my boys will be able to grow into them for atleast 2-3yrs. They love them and they fold up easily with a arm strap so they can carry them on their own. The nap mats also feel like pretty good quality compared to some I've seen in the store, with a nice blanket attached and a cushioned pillow as well.

5. becasquared

becasquared Well-Known Member TS Moderator

We were given the option of bringing in a twin sheet and blanket or a sleeping bag.

Target has youth sleeping bags for $12.99, so I bought two of those instead of buying twins sheets (we don't have any yet, they're still in toddler beds.)