Napping questions

Discussion in 'The First Year' started by heather.anne.henderson, Aug 6, 2009.

1. heather.anne.henderson

heather.anne.henderson Well-Known Member

My two little ones sleep well at night, but do not nap at the same time during the day. I feel like they have controll of the day and I never get any rest. They fall right to sleep every night when I put them in their crib, but dd is fitfull during the day and never sleeps at the same time my ds does. Can you all give me some ideas on your schedules and what works best for you.
    Thanks

2. tinalb

tinalb Well-Known Member TS Moderator

How old are they?

3. heather.anne.henderson

4. nicolechui

nicolechui Member

I have the same issues with my two DDs - I'd be interested to hear what anyone has to say - they are 3 months as well.

5. DATJMom

DATJMom Well-Known Member

At 3 months, mine slept wherever and whenever and mostly fell asleep on the bottle. Then I would put them in their PNP, or leave them in their bouncy or swing.

6. heather.anne.henderson

Someone mentioned the 2,3,4 method. I think that means nap two hours after they awake and then 3 hours after they wake from first nap and then bed four hours after that??? Are they to young to only have two naps during the day? Mine are still getting three. Just never at the same time. However, this morning they are taking the first one together, and I plan on waking wichever one is still asleep when dd gets up!

7. AmberG

AmberG Well-Known Member

At 3 months I would think they need at least 3 naps a day. So, I don't think your LOs would be ready for a 2,3,4 schedule yet. At that age, my twins were sleeping wherever, whenever. At 4 months I starting having them nap in their cribs, and at more consistent times.