napping questions

Discussion in 'The First Year' started by newtothis, Nov 29, 2009.

1. newtothis

newtothis Well-Known Member

all of a sudden this week my LO's aren't napping in the morning. they wake up around 8 and then generally have been napping about an hour later. for the past week or so they don't fall asleep until 10, 1030 and then they re-wake at 11 for their next feeding.
    are they starting to drop naps? how often should they be sleeping at 6 months.

2. DATJMom

DATJMom Well-Known Member

At 6 months we were taking at least 3 naps, probably 4 some days. If they wake at 8, I would put them down around 9:30 for their morning nap.

3. jjzollman

jjzollman Well-Known Member

We were at 3 naps/day at 6 months:

wake around 7:00, nap around 8:30

wake around 9:30, nap around 11:30

wake around 1:30, nap around 3:30/4:00

wake around 4:45, bedtime 6:30

Good luck! :hug:

4. MarchI

MarchI Well-Known Member

At 6 months they should have between 2 and 4 naps, depending on when they wake up and when they go to bed. My older son's routine (which these two are starting (meaning sometimes they do it, other days they think I am nuts) was wake up at 645/7am, nap at 9am, wake around 11, then nap again at 1pm until 3pm and then bed at 7pm. Right now, my guys do an 830/9 to 1030, then 1230 to 2 and another nap at 4pm until about 430/5. They go to bed at 7pm. Your sons might want to go to 2 or 3 naps a day so I would try laying them down at 9am and noon or 1pm and seeing how they do.

5. newtothis

newtothis Well-Known Member

they wake around 8 and go to bed at night around 8.
    for some reason this past week they have been taking quick catnaps and dropping their morning naps.

6. tinalb

tinalb Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I think my 2 were taking 2 naps at that age. One midmorning & one midafternoon, both fairly long (1 1/2 to 2 hours).

7. dowlinal

dowlinal Well-Known Member

It must be something to do with the age because one of my boys is doing this. He's always needed less sleep than his brother, but the last two weeks have been really frustrating. Nick will sometimes nap twice before I can get Alex to take even one nap.