napping questions

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by newtothis, Jun 7, 2010.

1. newtothis

newtothis Well-Known Member

my LOs nap from 10-11 and from 2-4 each day. lately one of my LOs is fighting his afternoon nap.
    their morning naps are also beginning to extend in time, past 11. yesterday they slept until almost 12. i wouldn't mind it (LOL) if the LO that didnt nap at all in the afternoon napped!

is this a fluke or should i wake them from their morning naps.

2. nateandbrig

nateandbrig Well-Known Member

Totally your call momma! I used to wake mine if they slept past noon because then they wouldn't take an afternoon nap. But I also woke them if they slept past 4 in the afternoon because I didn't want them to not be tired for bedtime.

3. kingeomer

kingeomer Well-Known Member TS Moderator

At 12 months, I felt my two were not ready yet to go to one nap, so I did wake them if they slept past 11/11:30 and I still wake them if they are sleeping past 4.
    I agree with Brigette, I think it is totally your call. Good luck with your decision!

4. lilalyshia

lilalyshia Well-Known Member

my twins are 13 months and only taking one nap a day now. They get up about 7:30 am and take a nap around noon. they dont get to fussy or anything before hand so i let them stay up. like others said, its tottally your call