Need Help! Creative Ways to Announce Your Twin Pregnancy.

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by msterling, Jul 25, 2012.

1. msterling

msterling Active Member

So, I am in the middle of my 13th week w/ twins (first pregnancy) and we have told most of my family, my DH side, and our closest friends. I was planning to announce it to the world via social media (Facebook) to other friends. I am wondering if we should hold off until our trip to Bermuda this Saturday and post something like, "Who would have guessed the 4 of us would be sitting on the beaches of Bermuda" (insert picture of the beach) but I'm not sure if this is too subtle. Part of me wants to post it as soon as tonight and posting 2+2 = 4!!!! LOL Anyone have suggestions of announcing their twin pregnancy over social media? I see mainly just singleton announcement ideas. Thanks!

2. ECUBitzy

ECUBitzy Well-Known Member

Both ideas are adorable!

I came straight home from my ultrasound and posted a picture of it with the caption "Twins!" and watched all heck break loose on my wall. It was days of entertainment! Ha!

1 person likes this.
  3. AKilburn

AKilburn Well-Known Member

You and your husband can take a picture of you each hold a jar of prego, or you hold two jars.. Maybe people would understand

4. christinam

christinam Well-Known Member

Search on Pinterest. There are cute ideas there.

When I announced my identical twins this past time I posted a picture that read "one of these looks just like the other" with the ultrasound picture.

5. AKilburn

I forgot to add ... Hold a index card or sheet of paper or something saying. "We are ..." And then have the jars of prego . Sorry I was in my doc appointment waiting when I was typing that earlier

6. Mom2VLS

Mom2VLS Well-Known Member

Don't be surprised if it takes people a while to get it. I posted my ultrasound photo and the ones who figured it out were recent mothers or mothers of twins themselves. Everyone else pretty much had to be told explicitly. I still have this trouble now that their born. I'll mention that I have 2 2 month olds and a 2 year old and I still have to explicitly state that they are twins for some people to get it. :lol:

7. rayceryin12

rayceryin12 Well-Known Member

This was me too - I had people waiting to see what gender we were having - I didn't find out it was twins until 21 weeks - I thought my phone was going to break with all the comments!

I like the sauce idea! :)

8. ihavesevensons

ihavesevensons Well-Known Member

We did a post something like this............

"The (your last name here) is growing by four feet"

Other ideas: "What has 20 fingers and 20 toes? (insert your name)'s belly"
    "Have you heard what is doubling? The size of our family!"
    "We got the two for one deal......yep.......twins!!"
    "Always the overachiever, a two for one pregnancy"

something like a play on words

9. DannyT

DannyT Well-Known Member

My hubby posted about getting a BOGO with this pregnancy after I posted I was expecting...most of our friends got it but it was sure fun watching people figure it out

10. Tamaralynn

Tamaralynn Well-Known Member

I posted that Baby A was measuring 7 weeks and baby B was measuring 6 weeks 2 days. Took a while for people to catch on.

11. msterling

msterling Active Member

Thanks everyone! These are some great ideas and very creative! I really like the 2 for 1 deal or the overachiever statement. LOL :)

I am dying to put something out there. Hubby & I want to post at the same time so I will tell him about these ideas and see what he thinks. I think he wanted to incorporate our Babymoon in it somehow so we may end up waiting until Sat morning to announce it.

Thank you all! Happy Thursday!

12. msterling

msterling Active Member

Oh, I just sawt his one on a website and thought it was great too! But it is long to put in my Facebook status:

CRACKERS AND SPRITE (FOR MORNING SICKNESS) $6.00
    NEW PILLOW (FOR BACKACHES) $10.00
    ACNE MEDICINE (FOR THE OBVIOUS) $12.00
    A BOX OF PREGNANCY TEST $15.00
    FINDING OUT WE ARE PREGNANT = PRICELESS!
    FINDING OUT WE ARE PREGNANT WITH TWINS!! = SHOCKED!

(I added this last line. Any other suggestions? I was thinking maybe posting a picture of DH and I with our mouths open in disbelief or just posting this without a picture)

13. cheezewhiz24

cheezewhiz24 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

There is a shirt on cafepress.com which says something like, "Real Men Make Twins"

14. AKilburn

What about having the last line as "Finding out our family is growing by 2 (or doubling)= Priceless

15. msterling

msterling Active Member

We ended up posting the following on Facebook before our vacation, with a picture of the sonogram:

Crackers and Ginger Ale (for morning sickness): $6.00
    New body pillow (for backaches): $20.00
    Box of pregnancy tests: $15.00
    Finding out our family is growing by 2!! Yup, 2!! = PRICELESS
    (14 Weeks Preggo w/ twins!)

I received many comments from people who thought it was such a cute announcement to our social media friends. :)
    I shocked many people too! LOL