Need to vent to people who understand

Discussion in 'The First Year' started by Debbiemichelle, Feb 1, 2013.

1. Debbiemichelle

Debbiemichelle Well-Known Member

Two babies can be so tough sometimes!! Sometimes I feel like I am playing triage all day long trying to meet their needs. It seems like someone always ends fussier then I would like because I just don't have enough hands. I have tried to explain the logistics of it all to parents with one child; while they are sympathetic, they often offer solutions that are not feasible (usually to not be on a schedule, which I have tried and it does not work for us).

On the flip side, I looked down today to see them breast-feeding and holding hands. I love these babies!!!

2. daisies

daisies Well-Known Member

It is hard.
    And triage is the perfect description. all you can do assess the situation and go to the one who needs you the most or who you can satisfy the fastest. You can't do two things at one time and that really sucks. No one but a mom knows that it is physically painful to listen to your baby cry.
    Even though i know i am doing my best and that i am doing a good job, sometimes it leaves me feeling less than adequate. then other days i think all twin moms are pretty amazing for juggling it all. On those days i believe what my friend said about twin moms being special and chosen. those days, i know i am doing a good job.

It does get easier. today, i had one of those 'need to be in two places' days. but honestly it has been a while since i have felt that way. My kids just turned a year. They know the routine and are usually pretty patient while i am helping their twin. they are playing together and entertaining each other and there is nothing sweeter.

My DH took a picture of my LOs holding hands while breastfeeding... just melts your heart.

You probably already know it but it is always worth saying again... keeping them on the same routine will make it easier, that and good sleep! (if you haven't read it, i highly recommend Healthy Sleep Habits, Happy Child by Marc Weissbluth)
    Hang in there! you are doing a good job!

Edited for typo.

3. rayceryin12

rayceryin12 Well-Known Member

Hang in there! We all understand! My boys are starting to interact a little more with each other. I can't wait to see their relationship evolve!

4. Mom2VLS

Mom2VLS Well-Known Member

It is tough and I remember many days where it feels like all I'm doing is running from one 'fire' to the next. But it does get better. There will be days where you feel like an absolute supermom. Try to remember that feeling on the days that you don't. :)

Also, I always try to think back to one moment when my girls were close to 3 months old and that reminds me that it is all worthwhile. It was a Saturday and I was getting ready for the day while they hung out in the co-sleeper together. At one point, I looked over and at the exact same moment they smiled at me. :wub: It was such an awesome thing to see and reminded me that as hard as being a mom of twins is there are some things that we get to see and experience that we wouldn't otherwise.

5. 3under2!

3under2! Well-Known Member

IT GETS BETTER!! Everything started to look up at around 10-11 months for us. Hang in there!

6. Rollergiraffe

Rollergiraffe Well-Known Member TS Moderator

The challenges ease up in certain ways and get harder in others, but overall the ride with twins is pretty amazing. It's just hard to see the forest for the trees at times. At 3 my boys can be pretty rowdy, but they also have this amazing built in playmate.

And never listen to anyone who tells you to stray from the schedule. They are wrong!

7. Debbiemichelle

Debbiemichelle Well-Known Member

Thanks for the supportive words!!