neosure and refllux

Discussion in 'The First Year' started by lbzg, Aug 1, 2010.

1. lbzg

lbzg Well-Known Member

Did anyone notice neosure causes reflux? if so, what did you switch to?

2. Kyrstyn

Kyrstyn Well-Known Member

My girls were on Neosure and had reflux, but the pedi never said their reflux was due to the Neosure. Even once we were cleared to switch formula's at about 6 months, the reflux persisted. My girls were on the Prevacid solutab, and it made a huge difference. GL!

3. lalique

lalique Well-Known Member

we were on neosure for 7 months, never had any problems with reflux.

4. pegal

pegal Member

We switched at about 5 months to sensitive. We mixed neosure in with at first n are just now doing only sensitive. My kids are 6 months. They are still small so we are mixing with an adjusted recipe so calories are 22. Simulacrum was super helpful on phone. The primary food is bm n formula is supplement. But the switch really helped with spitting and some of the reflux. Reflux does still occur some but getting way better. Could b age could b switch....hard to know.

5. lbzg

lbzg Well-Known Member

Did you try prevacid liquid first? how do they take the solutab?

6. Kyrstyn

Kyrstyn Well-Known Member

We never did the liquid. Our pedi prescribed the solutab from the beginning. The solutabs dissolve so fast and so easily. I would smash it up, stick my finger in their mouth, and dip it in the prevacid and stick and put it in the inside of their cheeks. (does that makes sense) Some people dilute in in water and draw it up in a syringe, but I never had any luck doing it that way. As they got older, I would break it into quarters and give it to them in pieces, and eventually I was able to give them the entire tab. Once they started walking the reflux got much better and they were completely off all meds by the time they were 13-14 months old.