neosure til when?

Discussion in 'The First Year' started by lbzg, Mar 6, 2011.

1. lbzg

lbzg Well-Known Member

when did you stop neosure and why??? mine are 9 months and i was told to switch to just any milk based food, but i do not ubderstand why? why not just use this til 12 months?

2. w101ttd

w101ttd Well-Known Member

We switched to alimentum around 3-4 months bc of reflux and colic. Then switched to good start protect plus around 7 months. I plan on keeping them on good start 2 (for toddlers) until they are better at solid.

Their Pedi said that they should be on neoSure until theyd turn 6 months or theyd gain good weight. Do your twins have weight issue? I'm surpised that your Pedi still kept them on neoSure until 9 months.

3. lbzg

lbzg Well-Known Member

no weight issues at all. i guess i should just try similac regular...

4. AmynTony

AmynTony Well-Known Member

ours only did till our due date (they were 4 weeks early)

5. bellawillawyatt

bellawillawyatt Well-Known Member

Willa Grace was on it til 3 months then switched to Nutramigin for reflux. Wyatt was on it til 4 months then switched to regular similac.

6. ssb2e

ssb2e Well-Known Member

I kept mine on it until we switched to regular milk at 12 months. My neonatologist told me they should stay on it until they were 1 while the kids were in the NICU, but of course had no say once they left. The pedi apparently agreed. A few times she mentioned maybe taking them off because their weights were good, but told me if I could afford it, it was really best to leave them on it because it was the best thing for them. They were 2 months early.

7. Sarah75

Sarah75 Well-Known Member

Ours were one until 6 months, they were gaining weight and it caused terrible constipation in one, so the ped said it was time to change..we went through so many until we found goodstart which worked well for them.