Nervous for this week...

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by Mommy2PJ, Jan 1, 2007.

1. Mommy2PJ

Mommy2PJ Well-Known Member

My ultrasound last week was just a quick check of the fluid levels, doppler studies, etc. and everything was ok, but baby b is still noticably smaller just by "eyeballing" it. My last growth u/s was two weeks ago and baby b had only gained about 4 oz and was still 25% smaller.

My u/s this week is on thursday and it's another growth scan... I don't know why I'm so nervous. I guess cause I'll be 27 weeks and they could decide to deliver me if they wanted... I don't know why, I just have a bad feeling about it. I'm really nervous that he's going to be even smaller (percentile) or something. [​IMG]

I never had any idea how nerve wrecking a twin pregnancy could be!!

2. Mommy2PJ

Mommy2PJ Well-Known Member

My ultrasound last week was just a quick check of the fluid levels, doppler studies, etc. and everything was ok, but baby b is still noticably smaller just by "eyeballing" it. My last growth u/s was two weeks ago and baby b had only gained about 4 oz and was still 25% smaller.

My u/s this week is on thursday and it's another growth scan... I don't know why I'm so nervous. I guess cause I'll be 27 weeks and they could decide to deliver me if they wanted... I don't know why, I just have a bad feeling about it. I'm really nervous that he's going to be even smaller (percentile) or something. [​IMG]

I never had any idea how nerve wrecking a twin pregnancy could be!!

3. Dianne

Dianne Well-Known Member

Sending you positive growth vibes. I know it is soo much easier said than done but try not to stress about the things you can't control and concentrate on what you can ie eating right, drinking lots of water, taking your vitamins etc. I hope Baby B hit a big growth spurt these last couple of weeks and has gained weight. Remember, estimated weights are just that and can vary soo much due to elements outside our control, the person doing the measuring, the position of the baby when being measured etc. We had heard a few times this week how far off the estimations (I think I remember just one birth story of late saying the measurements were right on) have been of our members who delivered so try to take some comfort in that.

Good luck on Thursday, please let us know how it goes!

4. anglinstork

anglinstork Well-Known Member

BIG HUGS going out to you Sweetie - hope B had a growth spurt and is looking heavier!

Yes one of the birth stories this week showed a one pound difference in the u/s weights vs the birth weights - so remember - it's an estimation

GOOD LUCK and you'll be in our thoughts

5. Cassie05

Cassie05 Well-Known Member

I know how nervous it can be. I had serious complications even with my singletons so once we started having complications with the twins I freaked.

Now to give you some hope, at around 22-24 weeks M started to show signs of IUGR, I went on strict bedrest (was already on modified from the get-go), started drinking 3 boost high protien a day, steriod injections, lots of appts and we made it to 32 w 3 d only delivering for my health. M was less than the 3rd percentile and both girls were just feeder/growers in the NICU and stayed only 3 weeks.

And if you do deliver at 27 weeks, it will be tough in the NICU and you will be scared but you will get through it. DS is a 27 weeker and will be 3 in a few weeks and he is just like any other 3 yo, except a little on the small side.

[​IMG]

6. Raneysmama

Raneysmama Well-Known Member

I'll be thinking of you on Thursday. Let us know how it goes. Hopefully, Baby B will have caught up some. [​IMG]

7. ReallyTiredMom

ReallyTiredMom Well-Known Member

It's hard not to worry about these things, isn't it?! Been there, with my Baby B as well. Actually both of mine were small and then A hit a growth spurt. My next growth scan is Friday. I am hoping B has risen above the 4th percentile. The sonographer at the last growth scan said they could be a pound off - like the other posts - very few babies are born at or near hte exact measurements from the last u/s. If your last u/s check showed good fluids and dopplers - that is a good sign! I'll be thinking about you at this next checkup.

8. kimber074

kimber074 Well-Known Member

just want to send hugs your way. [​IMG]