nesting can be bad

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by christinam, Sep 2, 2012.

1. christinam

christinam Well-Known Member

I really hit me last week how fast I'm coming to the end of my pregnancy. I have 9-10 weeks left. At best. So, I calmed myself, did a little baby shopping last week, and felt better. We bought our new passenger van on Friday so I was even more settled. I even bought a bag to use as a diaper bag today. Yea, well that settled feeling is GONE. A couple hours ago I was talking to DH about filing FMLA and then updated my Target shopping list. Now I feel this need to get everything ready right this second! Plus, I'm trying to cut corners and realize I have THREE paydays until babies are here. THREE!!! Ok, I just had to stop and breathe for a moment. I think I'm going to work on prepping the baby area this week. I'm going to go shop for fabric this week to make the car seat covers. Maybe some blankets. I also need to make a boppy cover for our very pink boppy. I already have some cute fabric that I'm going to use. Those projects will take oh about two weeks easily so I need to start very soon. Nesting can be such a good thing....sometimes!!! Only nine weeks! :shok:

2. jewelliebird

jewelliebird Member

Lol the same thing hit me yesterday. I was happily arranging things in the nursery and cleaning the house. Then I started to make a list of house projects to get done, and then I started a list of things we still need to buy, and then I started a list of yardwork that needs to be done. By the end of my lists, I was overwhelmed and yelling at my dogs, chickens and husband. I started thinking "We're NEVER going to get this all done in time!" and was about to start crying.

Then I took a nap.

I felt muuuuuuuuuuuch better after that! I apologized to my dogs and to my husband for being so cranky and they all understood, haha. But I seriously had the same thought that you had, "Wow, I thought nesting was going to be great. That did NOT feel great."