Nesting

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by Farrah, Apr 16, 2009.

1. Farrah

Farrah Well-Known Member

Today I have had a few bouts of strange cleaning. I am tired so I have been taking breaks but I have this weird sense of urgency! I am only 33 weeks so I am worried this means something. I don't really remember having this with my other children. What do you guys think?

I know women experience "nesting" but is it right before labor or a few days...any input with personal experiences would be GREAT!!

2. tamaras

tamaras Well-Known Member

I waited & waited & waited to get the 'nesting' urge...it never came :(
    I tidy up by nature though, so maybe just my constant tidying satisfied the nesting urge?
    Sorry I am no help!! :lol:

3. melissa26

melissa26 Well-Known Member

I didn't get nesting except with my first daughter. I had my baby shower a month before I was due and that day I was insistent on unpacking everything and putting it away in its spot.Putting together everything,even setting up to crib etc.that had been sitting there for 3 months.I ended up having my daughter 6 days later at 37 weeks exactly.

4. jvanmourik

jvanmourik Well-Known Member

With my DD i was TOTALLY nesting for the last couple weeks of my pregnancy. I was constantly wanting to clean things, which was frustrating since i was on bedrest at week 31.

5. BabyMoPlusThree

BabyMoPlusThree Well-Known Member

I want to nest, but I have no energy. I am obsessed with shopping for them. Does that count?

6. MarchI

MarchI Well-Known Member

With this pregnancy, I've been cleaning since conception. I'd say not very accurate. With my son, I NEEDED to make sure the refrigerator was spotless around 36 weeks. He came at 40. I'd say nesting happens early enough for you to relax after you finish the job.

7. dowlinal

dowlinal Well-Known Member

With all three of my pregnancies I've had the nesting instinct kick in strongly around 30 weeks, but it's never corresponded with labor. Right now I am obsessed with cleaning out all of the crap we've accumulated and making all of the closets and draws neat.

8. h2believe

h2believe Well-Known Member

With my first pregnancy, I was ALWAYS cleaning... I was also lucky enough to actually be able to clean! This time around, I have zero energy, I am so winded simply by doing the smallest of task, I am also not allowed anywhere near the vacuum cleaner (ended up in the hospital with muscular something that felt like contractions because I cleaned :rolleyes: ), so I am pretty much out of luck. The urge to clean is there, but I can't do anything about it! :(

9. meganguttman

meganguttman Well-Known Member

I started "nesting" around 28 weeks but just the floors. I didn't care if anything else was clean, but those floors were spotless! It only lasted a week and I had the boys at 33 weeks. I'd say you still have time...if it has any correspondence at all.

10. orangeyaglad

orangeyaglad Well-Known Member

Don't know if the nesting thing is really accurate. I started nesting when I was just 16 weeks preggo.

11. kitkat72783

kitkat72783 Well-Known Member

With my son I got that nesting urge about a week before I was induced. I had hardly cleaned through out my whole pregnancy thanks to a very understanding DH and Mommy (we tryed for a year to get preggo so when it happened I was a paronoid freak..LOL) but my mom would stop by and pick up and the DH would do it on his day off and with just the two of us it wasn't that big of a chore. But about a week before my son came I went on a massive cleaning spree, the whole house top to bottom was cleaned, I finished the nursery, set everything up, cleaned out my car...you name it, it was scrubbed=)

I'm praying for that burst of energy this time around because my house looks like a tornado hit it, not just because of my own paranoya but because I am so uncomfortable and tired I cant imagine doing it all right now=( My three year old has toys everywhere all the babies stuff is still in boxes in the corner of the room and the nursery hasn't been started. I have been going crazy in my mind about what needs to be done and have to do list after to do list of all the stuff the "needs" to be done ASAP but then as soon as I get home from work I cook up something easy for my DS and head to bed exhausted.

12. cassier17

cassier17 Well-Known Member

I am nesting BAD now at 20 weeks! haha. People come over and say "My lord girl, do you ever stop?"
    I have concerns though, cause we won't have a room ready for our twins, long story, but I need to make room in my 2 year olds closet/dresser for their stuff. There is PLENTY of room, I just need to clean it out, and get rid of all the extra "stuff" so I have room for girl clothes for a short time.

So my need to do this is insane. I am that type of person though. I think with my first, the need to prepare came later....but it still came! Strangely, it actually calms me haha.

I also think...if I wait another 8-10 weeks, I wont have energy to do all this!!!