Nesting???

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by kendraplus2, Dec 4, 2006.

1. kendraplus2

kendraplus2 Well-Known Member

I just wondered if I'm alone in this ... it's 230 in the morning and I'm scrubbing down the main bathroom ... yesterday and today I've just been "in the mood" to clean and organize the whole house. I cleaned out the fridge, scrubbed down the oven and every surface in the kitchen, did the lime/calcium remover stuff in both showers, bought new rugs and throws for the living room and kitchen ... I bought all new organizing stuff to redo the master closet ... I'm gonna clean out and organize the pantry, under the sink cabinets, etc ...

now, from what I've read and seen on videos, the whole "nesting" thing is supposed to happen 24 to 48 hours before the onset of labor ... but I feel fine!!! I don't think labor is coming, I just have this huge urge to get everything ready and organized before the babies come.

So is anyone else doing this "nesting" thing? Who got that urge to do everything and then have labor come real soon???

2. kendraplus2

kendraplus2 Well-Known Member

I just wondered if I'm alone in this ... it's 230 in the morning and I'm scrubbing down the main bathroom ... yesterday and today I've just been "in the mood" to clean and organize the whole house. I cleaned out the fridge, scrubbed down the oven and every surface in the kitchen, did the lime/calcium remover stuff in both showers, bought new rugs and throws for the living room and kitchen ... I bought all new organizing stuff to redo the master closet ... I'm gonna clean out and organize the pantry, under the sink cabinets, etc ...

now, from what I've read and seen on videos, the whole "nesting" thing is supposed to happen 24 to 48 hours before the onset of labor ... but I feel fine!!! I don't think labor is coming, I just have this huge urge to get everything ready and organized before the babies come.

So is anyone else doing this "nesting" thing? Who got that urge to do everything and then have labor come real soon???

3. Katja

Katja Well-Known Member

You're not alone!!
    I've been cleaning and organizing like crazy. I've washed every single piece of cloth in this house.
    What's driving me crazy is that I can't set up the baby stuff, because we're moving in two weeks. So I have to put all those things in boxes.
    Right now there's nothing left for me to do, so I can't wait for my mom to bring me our boxes for moving in the next couple of days, that'll be my next project.

By the way, in one of my pregnancy books it said that when the nesting syndrome kicks in, labor is only a couple of weeks away.
    My mom told me the same.

4. Marbear

Marbear Well-Known Member

I nested at around 38 or 39 weeks with my son (and we are talking REARRANGED THE GARAGE and cleaned our breakfast nook (which had been housing all our moving boxes we hadn't gotten around to since we moved when I was 7mos pregnant). I forced DH to put up all my curtain rods and curtains...was totally anal about everything. I didn't have my son until 41.5 weeks and by then I was so miserable I wanted to lay in bed all day. For me, nesting was a sign I was mentally getting ready, but seeing as how my son was evicted by induction then c-section, it didn't mean my body was ready.

5. BaaRamEwe

BaaRamEwe Well-Known Member

I never nested, but then again I also didn't go into labor on my own. I had to be induced at 38 weeks.

6. Laura in Alaska

Laura in Alaska Well-Known Member

I haven't started nesting yet, but I know its coming! I have all kinds of things in my head that need to be done and its getting harder and harder to lay on the couch while they aren't getting done.

I have a question though: How is my body going to let me nest (despite the strong urge to do so) when I can hardly get from the living room to the kitchen without being winded!?!? I've actually been thinking about this for a few days now.

Thanks! ~Laura

7. Jordari

Jordari Well-Known Member

All i can say is - if you runout of things to do in your place, feel free to come and organize mine! LOL.. No advice to offer, but i'm hoping that i get the urge to do some cleaning and organizing before i get too big!

8. Eimear

Eimear Well-Known Member

I'm nesting too, but I think that it's more "I'm not going to be able to do this with 4 kids for a while". We've been mostly getting christmas organized and it funny because DH has just as much of this NESTING as I do!!

9. Heathermomof5

Heathermomof5 Well-Known Member

I even cleaned my aunt's house the other day!!
    I have been SO afraid that my babies will come and my house will not be ready!! I don't know what made me clean her house but I couldn't
    stop!! And I am not supposed to be cleaning at all!

10. Babygus0

Babygus0 Well-Known Member

I'm ready to get that nesting urge. My poor DH tries to keep up, but my house looks awful, the nursery is nowhere near ready and my xmas tree isn't even up. Hopefully I'll be able to do something instead of lay on the couch when the nesting strikes.

11. brooke78

brooke78 Well-Known Member

Well, I've got the nestng bug, too. And I'm not the one that is pregnant! After a wicked cold that put me in bed for 8-9 days I am getting so nervous about my wonderful GC delivering before my house is ready.
    3 weeks ago I saw a completed nursery for a baby who is due 2 days after us and it got me really going. I began emptying and rearrangong all the closets in the house like a domino effect. I am trying to keep my promise to my two new little ones that the closet in their room will really b only for them. But it is hard to keep that promise because of all the years of collecting things in what used to be the "back bedroom" set aside for what seems to be anything and everything we've ever owned!
    Today I got back to painting a mural in the nursery and felt a strong pull to switch stuff from 2 other closets because "I won't" be able to do such things once mh B/G twins arrive.
    It is funny to copmare myself to you pregnant ladies. But i REALLY do feel something going on. Maybe it's because I had a dream about that fibr....something test tah is given to tell if delivery is going to be within the next 2 weeks. We will be 29 weeks this Friday And I am going to a peri/sono appt. Thursday. So excited!!!!!!