New date got sent home from induction

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by arkie, Nov 4, 2009.

1. arkie

arkie Well-Known Member

Well we waited and waited for the 4th to come! We arrived at our hospital and my doctor was not there, so we had to see the one on call, after and UL and exam he decided to send me home and told me to come back on Friday, he said everything looked good, despite the fact the twins haven't really grown at all in the last 2 weeks, and to come back in 2 day for another assesment. Hopefully my doctor will be back by then.
    Anyway my cervix still had about 2 cm and the midwife could get 2 fingers in, so I guess it's a start, but what an emotional rollercoaster when for the past 2 weeks I have been staring down this date only to have it moved at the last minute. :fool:

2. TwinLove

TwinLove Well-Known Member

:hug: I'm sorry they moved the date on you. I hope the next two days fly by. :hug:

3. Jenn G

Jenn G Well-Known Member

Sorry to hear- that must have been disappointing to get sent home!! Hopefully Friday will be here before you know it (or the babies will decide to come sooner!) Great job carrying them so far!!

4. mommylaura

mommylaura Well-Known Member

I wasn't even going to log in today, but I just had to respond to you. My induction date also got moved at the last minute with my first baby. It was one of the most devestating experiences of my life - I was crying hysterically (I was already a week overdue and couldn't wait to not be pregnant). I just wanted to let you know that I understand your frustration! You just want to be done being pregnant and hold your precious babies in your arms. Good luck today! Laura

5. arkie

arkie Well-Known Member

Thank you for your responses, they are comforting, I feel like I'm in limbo here, especially since we had a new time this morning for an induction and they decided to again send me home! This time for the weekend to see if something would happen on it's own. They have promised me that Monday morning it is definately eviction time if the twins don't get their act together.
    The big joke in our family is it took 5 years to get prego with my son so they are calling my cervix fort knocks, it doesn't want to let anything in or out! Man the hours feel like days right now. :grouphug: