New Here B/G twins due Feb 23rd Hello

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by brooke78, Dec 3, 2006.

1. brooke78

brooke78 Well-Known Member

Well I thought 'd begin to post on this site. Everyone here seems so thoughtful and helpful. I actually have a Gestaional Carrier carrying for DH and me. -Truly Blessed We are so excited to have these two little Sweeties coming to us. We have been through so much in our 10 years of marriage. Now after all the drama and trauma of infertility treatments we have had a break and gotten used to good news! all the time. I get to go to all the ultra sounds and see the babies growing so well. The last US was 24w6d and baby A wieghed 1# 15oz and Baby B weighed 2# 6oz. And the cervix was 3.5. The heart rates were great.
    I have a few questions that I could use some help with...Can the weights we are given be off by much? Our next US for week 28 will actually be 28w6d- so really 29 weeks"ish"- Is it a safe bet that since they were so big the last time they will be the same amount above the average this time. When I compared Baby B with some charts he was not just above the average but he was above the highest reported. I don't really know how to think about all of the info. given anyway. It's weird though, ya' start to think wow that must be a good thing but I'm not really sure. Could that mean Baby B wants out early? They didn't seem concerned about the difference in the 2 weights-7 oz. I don't know how it all works.
    I can't wait until Thursday to see the babies again.
    Thanks for condsidering my rambling questions. Take Care.

2. brooke78

Well I thought 'd begin to post on this site. Everyone here seems so thoughtful and helpful. I actually have a Gestaional Carrier carrying for DH and me. -Truly Blessed We are so excited to have these two little Sweeties coming to us. We have been through so much in our 10 years of marriage. Now after all the drama and trauma of infertility treatments we have had a break and gotten used to good news! all the time. I get to go to all the ultra sounds and see the babies growing so well. The last US was 24w6d and baby A wieghed 1# 15oz and Baby B weighed 2# 6oz. And the cervix was 3.5. The heart rates were great.
    I have a few questions that I could use some help with...Can the weights we are given be off by much? Our next US for week 28 will actually be 28w6d- so really 29 weeks"ish"- Is it a safe bet that since they were so big the last time they will be the same amount above the average this time. When I compared Baby B with some charts he was not just above the average but he was above the highest reported. I don't really know how to think about all of the info. given anyway. It's weird though, ya' start to think wow that must be a good thing but I'm not really sure. Could that mean Baby B wants out early? They didn't seem concerned about the difference in the 2 weights-7 oz. I don't know how it all works.
    I can't wait until Thursday to see the babies again.
    Thanks for condsidering my rambling questions. Take Care.

3. Heathermomof5

Heathermomof5 Well-Known Member

[​IMG] and CONGRATULATIONS!!!! [​IMG] [​IMG]

My babies are large also - which was shocking to me because I expected them to be little bitty since there are 2 of them and
    my single babies weighed 7 pounds each! I am 34 weeks 2days and
    my baby A weighs 4pounds 10ounces and my baby B weighs 5pounds 11ounces! My babies have had some weight issues - there is a pretty
    big difference between the 2 but they say my baby A measures right on schedule and baby B measures 2 weeks ahead!! We are at a good point right now - I have been on bed rest for 1 month to try and let baby A
    put on some weight and it has WORKED!!! I don't know if her weight has anything to do with my baby B wanting to come out early or not -
    My peri and the OB tell me that baby B is a little piggy -
    I think so! also we have never had any fluid level issues. The doctor
    will keep a close eye on your babies! My doctor told me in the
    beginning to expect these babies mid December - so I am ready and
    very excited to meet these girls(I am due 01-13-07, C-section scheduled for 01-03-07) It is nice to know that if they are born a
    little earlier that they do have good weights! AND I have read some
    birth stories on this site and the babies seem to be pretty close to their last u/s measurements and others have been way off?!

4. Dianne

Dianne Well-Known Member

Congratulations and welcome to Twinstuff! How exciting for you to be now blessed with great news!

The u/s estimations can definitely be off and as you get into the third trimester it is said that the weights could vary as much as one pound in either direction. This is my totally medically uneducated opinion that twins often put on weight faster than singletons in the early stages because as they progress into the later stages they run out of space. Also, full term is generally considered to be earlier than the traditional 40 weeks so they don't have those last few weeks where all they do is pack on the pounds. It sounds to me like things are going fantastic and that is wonderful!

We would love to have you share your upcoming appointment and milestone dates in the links provided so we can encourage and support you during the pregnancy!

5. Overachiever

Overachiever Well-Known Member

Congratulations on your twins!
    And [​IMG]

6. kuchar

kuchar Well-Known Member

Congrats on your twins! I read on our last ultrasound, which was 25 weeks, that the results were +/- 4 ounces.
    I'm due March 13 with boy/girl twins... so we should be getting our babies right around the same time! [​IMG]
    Helen

7. Eimear

Eimear Well-Known Member

Hello and welcome, sounds like your babies are doing great. Mine are big and always approx. 4-5 oz apart. I don't think that they will make an early apperance but dr has scheduled c/s for 37weeks 2days and they should be good weights for twins born then. Hopefully yours will stay in that long and have not problems [​IMG]

8. Babygus0

Babygus0 Well-Known Member

Congrats on the twins. I'm due Feb. 26 so we're close.

9. ireland37

ireland37 Well-Known Member

[​IMG] and congratulations!

At my last growth scan my babies were 7 oz. apart and it was of no concern to my peri. Also don't worry about the babies getting too big...since my 10 week ultrasound mine have always been in the 98+% and I haven't had a single contraction or the slightest opening of my cervix. (But at 34 weeks and babies b/t 6-7# each, I kind of hope my guys are ready to arrive healthily at any time b/c there is just no room left!!!)

Good luck and congratulations again!

10. Ali M

Ali M Well-Known Member

Congratulations! With fraternal twins there usually isn't any worry about differing sizes. They are just siblings growing in the same womb so they grow at their own rates. Big babies do not mean early labor. Like Diane said, twins mature faster than singletons because they tend to deliver earlier (and it's usually healthier for them not to go to 40 weeks) so it's good if they are measuring ahead at this point. If they suspect the babies are identical then they would need to watch a difference in weight gain a little more closely. Even identicals don't grow identically but their weights should be a little closer to one another or they start looking at differences in how they share the placenta, etc. Congrats again!

11. brooke78

Thanks, for the welcome and all your supportive info. It certainly makes everything seem more "doable" when I realize I am not the only one out here. It is of course a little different because I am not the pregnant one. I am truly blessed with a healthy wonderful gestational carrier. And now I feel lucky to have joined TS and met some new friends. Thanks!! [​IMG]