"New" stomach virus.....

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by jdandson, Mar 14, 2010.

1. jdandson

jdandson Well-Known Member

One of my poor twins got hit w/a sudden fever on friday night, no other apparent symptoms, saturday was a little off, wasn't eating much and now this morning started vomiting! rumor has it another family member has the same thing! has anyone themselves, or their little ones gotten this yet?
    I am curious to know if this may be the end of it, or just the start! my poor baby is pathetic! he is just sleeping now, which is odd, considering they are NEVER still!! so I know he is sick!

2. KCMichigan

KCMichigan Well-Known Member

We had this a few days back. It went through the whole house. Mid-high Fever, feeling ill for a day or 2, then vomitting for 1-2 days. Felt icky for another few days.....we ALL got it. Very potent-- it swept through the girls PreK class over the course of 2 weeks. For our family it lasted from 3- 7 days depending on the person.

Hope he feels better soon!!

3. jdandson

oh gosh!! we just had a stomach bug in the fall, I am NOT ready for another one!!
    thanks for the info! it helps to know what i may be in for!!

4. DATJMom

DATJMom Well-Known Member

Ours started last Friday night and by Sunday all 3 kids had it and DH. Somehow I was spared. The vomiting was unreal but no one had a fever.

5. NINI H

NINI H Well-Known Member

A few questions for you girls:
    What was the duration of the vomiting?
    How long was the fever? Did it break before or after the vomiting?
    If it went between people, how long was the incubation?

We have one Little one who has a high fever and then started dry heaves about 30 mins ago. But he seems fine in the tub right now. I'm hoping the vomiting was from a fever spike.

6. MLH

MLH Well-Known Member

Oh no! I'm so sorry to hear of everyone feeling so yucky! I'm so hoping it doesn't hit us.

7. DATJMom

DATJMom Well-Known Member

We had 1-2 days of vomiting-mostly dry heaves after cleaning out their stomachs :bad: Followed by nasty diarrhea for 3-4 days.

We had no fever.

Tyler got it Friday night. Leah got it Sunday afternoon. Derek and DH Sunday evening.

I think they picked it up from the Peds office the day before on Thursday and by Friday and Sunday everyone was throwing up.

8. paulacraft1

paulacraft1 Well-Known Member

we got it too
    I was spared (so far)
    my son got it first and it was strange, he threw up at night for 2 or 3 nights in a row, he was fine all day (with diarrhea but would eat) and then sick at night. My daughter got it differently, she had diarrhea for 3 days straight and refused to eat or drink and never threw up. The sitter/nanny got it too, different than the kids, with no time thing, threw up and diarrhea.
    Both have small not high fevers.
    It stinks and so strange how it is dif for everyone, but def a yucky stomach bug:(

9. jdandson

DH was hit w/it yesterday, he is home today w/day 2 of the fever!
    I am hoping and praying the rest of us are spared!!!

10. NINI H

NINI H Well-Known Member

Well the dry heaves may very well have been from the fever as it hit about 105.5. But other than high fever, he has no other symptoms. Maybe it's not the stomach bug. It's day 3 of high fever, strange.
    We had that nasty stomach bug go through about 2 months ago, with vomiting for 12 hr-6 days, depending on the child. This is different.