New to the group

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by korilyn, Oct 20, 2012.

1. korilyn

korilyn Active Member

Hello everyone,

On Wednesday, my husband and I found out we are having twins (fraternal)!! We are 7 weeks today. I was referred by a friend with twins to this site, saying it helped her tremendously. I look forward to learning from all the moms who have been through this already. We are very excited, yet a bit nervous.

2. rayceryin12

rayceryin12 Well-Known Member

Welcome!

3. AKilburn

AKilburn Well-Known Member

:welcome: to TS!!! You'll love it here!!! And CONGRATULATIONS! I have boy (jackson)/ girl ( adalynn) twins that are 9 weeks old. I dont know what I would have dont with out TS and the support of the women here during my pregnancy.

Please feel free to ask any questions you have, there is such a wealth of knowledge and experience on this forum there will always be someone who can answer you question!

4. korilyn

korilyn Active Member

Love the name Jackson... when we found out we were pregnant last year, we wanted a boy. So we picked a boy name (Jaxon Blade) and referred to our baby as "he" "him" etc. At 20 weeks, we found out he was really a she... so I had to find a girl name. Eventually came up with Jazmyn Jayde. So hoping that we have at least one little boy in there to use the name Jaxon. :wub:

5. miss_bossy18

miss_bossy18 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Congrats & :welcome:

6. Danibell

Danibell Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Congratulations and welcome to TS!!

7. AKilburn

Having fraternal b/g twins gives you the best of both worlds in picking out names. I had always wanted my son to be named Jackson after seeing Steel Magnolias, it just has to be a family name for my husbands family too. Adalynn was a bit harder to decide ... I just knew I wanted her to have my moms middle name.

8. twinkler

twinkler Well-Known Member

Welcome to TS! Just curious, how do they know so early that they are fraternal?

9. AKilburn

She probably means they're di/di twins. When I first found out I was pregnant with the twins, I automatically thought since mine were di/di that meant they were fraternal until I started doing research about same sex di/di twins. Obviously mine ended up being fraternal since they were b/g.

10. Shay2181

Shay2181 New Member

Welcome I am due May 11 and I am so glad I found the site too

11. AKilburn

:welcome: Shay! As I've said this forum is a great resource! We're always here for any questions! We all share the amazing bond that mothers ans families of multiples share ... It's certainly fun and never a dull moment! :)

12. astewart0610

astewart0610 Well-Known Member

Welcome !

13. kingeomer

kingeomer Well-Known Member TS Moderator

:welcome: and Congratulations!

14. summerfun

summerfun Well-Known Member TS Moderator

:welcome:

15. korilyn

korilyn Active Member

Maybe my terminology is wrong... I have two babies in separate sacs. So they are not identical, doesn't that make them fraternal? I will add the pic to my profile so you can see.

16. cheezewhiz24

cheezewhiz24 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

It means they can be either. If they are boy/girl, then yeah, fraternal. If they are same-sex babies, about 30% in separate sacs - di/di- are actually identical. HERE
    are my 'fraternal' twins- I was told there were fraternal at first, too, but when they were born I got a DNA test done. Identical!

17. lharrison1

lharrison1 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Welcome to TS!! :welcome: We're glad you are here!! Congratulations on your twins! :babyflips: :babyflips:

18. AKilburn

They are dianmiontic dichorionic or di/di twins. Dont worry you'll be a pro at the terminology by the time you deliver, and if they're a boy and girl you'll constantly get the question from other people asking if their identical ... Lol ... Then you get to educate them on the fact that there is a certain part of their anatomy that makes that impossible, lol :)

19. korilyn

korilyn Active Member

Wow see... learning already! lol :)

20. ECUBitzy

ECUBitzy Well-Known Member

To further confuse things, do you know that you have two placentas? Because mono di twins have two sacs, one placenta, and are identical. :D

21. AKilburn

Look at you Stephanie, trying to confuse the poor girl even more, lol! But you have a major point I didn't think about! ;)

22. korilyn

korilyn Active Member

That I'm not sure of... I will ask at my next appointment (10/31)

23. korilyn

korilyn Active Member

So have you gotten past the nausea yet?? I've had it since 4 weeks (super early) and it's pretty much all day. :bad: That and lots of dizziness. Fun times!! lol

24. ECUBitzy

:) We didn't know for sure that our girls were ID until they were born. The different types of twins have been so fascinating to learn about!

25. korilyn

korilyn Active Member

This is so fascinating because I thought it was pretty cut and dry... identical and fraternal! lol (I'm such a noob) :)

26. miss_bossy18

The really great thing is that you're gonna learn so much just in time to answer a gajillion & one questions about twins once they're earth side. :lol:

27. ECUBitzy

Exactly, Rachel!

28. korilyn

korilyn Active Member

OMG... I hope you guys don't get sick of me by then! I might be asking a lot!! lol

29. AKilburn

Haha! Impossible! I'm still here, trust me I had questions all the time!

Also to your comment about morning sickness, hopefully you're not like me and have it all pregnancy long... Mine wasn't to the point of having to be hospitalized but I was nauseated all the time, eventually I found Sea Bands and ginger candy ... Those were my saviors, well that and phenegran. Hope it gets better for you!

30. bayoubaloo

bayoubaloo Active Member

Hi ladies,

This is my first post on Twinstuff, so I haven't figured out how to make a nifty signature yet. But hello! I am 11w4d pregnant, due May 10, 2013. We did shots of Bravelle and timed intercourse to arrive at this point, due to my age (42) and 3 prior miscarriages. I figured we needed a little help to hurry and find a still-viable egg.

We already have a darling little just-turned-2-year-old boy.

We are getting a CVS done tomorrow and I'm hoping to have early results by Friday. Still not quite sure I'm really having twins....

Glad to have found this forum though, as the possibility is becoming more real and there's so much to think about.

31. Mom2VLS

Mom2VLS Well-Known Member

Earth side??? I was already sick of the questions by then! :rolleyes:

And welcome to TS everyone!

32. miss_bossy18

Ha! I'm trying not to scare anyone. ;)

33. Kkal474

Kkal474 Member

Welcome!!! I am pretty new here myself and just getting my feet wet so to speak and everyone has been wonderful thusfar. Congratulations on your twins

34. AKilburn

:welcome: to TS! Seems like we have a lot of ladies due around the same time!!! When I get over to my computer I'll send you the info on how to set up your signature.

35. AKilburn

The questions are just different once they're born. What always cracked me up was people asking how they were conceived ... I really wanted to say ... Do I really need to have the birds and bees discussion with you? Lol!