New Twin Mom with Circumcision Question.......

Discussion in 'The First Year' started by jrg9171, Dec 2, 2010.

1. jrg9171

jrg9171 Well-Known Member

My B/G twins will be 1 month old on Dec. 5. This past Tuesday we took our son to be circumcised, which was very hard to do for me just because I hated for him to be in any discomfort. The nurses took our precious boy and we waited and waited with the other parents, only to have a nurse come and pull us out of the room and ask us to go with her. I cannot begin to describe the panic and fear that hit my DH and I at that moment, but once we got out of the waiting room and to another private room we were handed our son and told they were unable to do his procedure. Apparently when the doctor cut away his skin he found a minor deformity on my son's little private part, which the doctor explained was a condition called Hypospadius? The way he described it was the hole that was suppose to be at the end of his penis was actually underneath it and was a slit, not a hole. He also told us that it would require corrective surgery later on, at a minimum of 6 months of age, that he will have to undergo general anesthesia for the procedure, and that the foreskin was just sewn back up because that skin is used to somehow help correct the condition. So, my little man did not get circumcised, he ended up having to have 3 stitches to close the incision the doctor had made, and we were out $600 for the facility charges and part of the doctor's costs.

My question is, has anyone else had any experience with this and if so what was the outcome? I'm VERY upset and nervous about all of this!

2. ECUBitzy

ECUBitzy Well-Known Member

One of the ladies on here has gone through this. I don't remember her screen name, but hopefully she'll chime in. Maybe search that term in the forums and her thread will come up?

Good luck!

3. cat mommy

cat mommy Well-Known Member

My DS was circ'ed a couple of months ago under general and it wasn't bad at all. In fact, after having attended my nephew's bris, I am glad he had it under general! :laughing: I know a lot of babies have this problem but I don't know much about it.

And yeah--they should have said "your son is just fine, but there is something we need to discuss" :catfight:

4. MrsWright

MrsWright Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I believe this is what megkc03 son's had. You can PM her with any questions. Good luck with the future surgeries! I'm sorry they didn't tell you he was ok before saying anything to you at all!

5. megkc03

megkc03 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

:spy: Are my ears ringing?!?! LOL!

Yup-It's me! PM me with ANY questions, comments, concerns, etc.

Let me preface this by saying my son's was SEVERE. And he had a SEVERE chordee as well(you can google that for more info). At birth, we found out about his penis issues. We weren't planning on circumsizing anyways, so we didn't run into that issue.

When surgery time came, our doctor gave me testosterone cream to put around the skin of his penis for it to grow. This way, they have more skin for the surgery.

He's had two surgeries. The first one he had just turned one, the second one he was 26 months old, and his third one will be in January. I am NOT looking forward to it. The older they get-the worse the recovery is because they are more aware of everything. I would think they may do it closer to 9-12 months old. His first surgery was four hours long, the second maybe 2 ish, and the third they are looking at under 2. Let's hope.

I don't want to scare you or anything! Like I said, his was really severe, and they didn't realize how severe(chordee) until they went in there. The opening to his penis still is not at the tip. It's pretty close, but not close enough. He can pee fine. He will have a normal life in the bedroom, kids, etc. His only issue right now is that he pees straight down. He can not pee standing up. So the Dr thought it was in his best interests to fix that now before he gets into school. Oh-and hypospadias is pretty common-1 in 200 boys or so are born with it.

Again-any questions-ask away!!! :hug:

6. w101ttd

w101ttd Well-Known Member

I'm sorry your little son had to go through it. I cam imagine how p*ssed you are. Hang in there. Hugsss!