New - Twin surprise!

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by Moonangel, Feb 18, 2012.

1. Moonangel

Moonangel Member

Hello!

My name is Heather and I am 16 weeks with twins. I don't really have twins in my family and so was really surprised to find out that there was two in there. I am just feeling my way around the internet looking for information and resources and thought I would stop in and try out the community here.

A little more about me:

These little ones are babies 4 and 5 for me. I have 3 boys at home, ages, 12, 9, and 4. (Yes we are hoping for a girl for at least one of the babies this time). I am also a childbirth educator by profession and love talking pregnancy 24/7 as it is....so this doubles the fun. I am a bit granola with clothe diapering and breastfeeding and homebirths and all that jazz, but have decided to do a hospital birth with these two.

Anyway, glad to 'meet' you all and I am looking forward to getting to know you better!

Heather

2. ThankfulMama

ThankfulMama Well-Known Member

:welcome: and congratulations!

3. jjzollman

jjzollman Well-Known Member

Welcome!! :D

4. MNTwinSquared

MNTwinSquared Well-Known Member

:welcome: to Twinstuff! Congratulations on your surprise! We have a wonderful breastfeeding forum here if you want to offer support or if you need support! Enjoy the rest of your pregnancy! I too loved being pregnant!

5. Tamaralynn

Tamaralynn Well-Known Member

COngrats and welcome to TS!

6. Heathermomof5

Heathermomof5 Well-Known Member

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!! What an awesome surprise!!! My twins were numbers 4 and 5 for me too - we had 3 older boys and were hoping for at least one girl and got twin girls!!! So cool that you are a childbirth educator! I LOVE being pregnant and will talk about it 24/7 too LOL!! I wanted to cloth diaper my new baby (he is 6 months now) but I could not get the hang of it. I need a cloth diapering support group LOL!! I also breastfeed. Did you have your older kids at home? Will you find out the sexes of the twins before birth?

7. megkc03

megkc03 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Don't you just love surprises?!?!? Congratulations! And welcome to TS!!

8. Mom2VLS

Mom2VLS Well-Known Member

Congrats! I actually have some twins in my family a few generations back that I was fully aware of and was STILL shocked to see two of them in the ultrasound.

9. miss_bossy18

miss_bossy18 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

:welcome: & congrats on your twins!

I'm a birth doula & also love to talk birth & babies ad nauseum (I actually have friends now who refuse to go out with me unless I promise not to say placenta, vagina or breast. :laughing:)

We had a really positive hospital birth (spontaneous, unmedicated vaginal for both girls) with our twins although I didn't get along well with my OB (thankfully she wasn't on call when I went into labour). Then we just had an amazing homebirth with midwives in November for our baby #3.

I also cloth diaper & breastfeed although both were definitely trickier with the twins than it has been so far with our singleton. Do stop by the breastfeeding forum, there's lots of good info on breastfeeding twins & we're always looking for experienced breastfeeding moms to offer their wisdom as well. :good:

10. Katheros

Katheros Well-Known Member

Welcome and congratulations! My twins were a surprise too even though I do have a lot of twins in my family. Just didn't think it would happen to me!

11. summerfun

summerfun Well-Known Member TS Moderator

:Clap: Congrats!! :welcome: to Twinstuff!!

12. Danibell

Danibell Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Congratulations and welcome to TS!! Here's to hoping you get to buy at least a little bit of pink! :wub:

13. cheezewhiz24

cheezewhiz24 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

:welcome: to TS!

I'm a bit crunchy myself- bf, cloth diapered for a year and am going for a natural childbirth with our 3rd baby.

14. twinkler

twinkler Well-Known Member

Hi and [​IMG] Always nice to see new people on board!

I'm a cloth diaperer too, breastfed one twin until a month ago when I "fizzled" out (the other twin was a weak nurser) and\, homebirth... I would definitely want to give it a try with a singleton but I had mono-di twins and that was complicated enough and no more babies for us, so that will wait for next life lol!

You will love it here!

15. Moonangel

Moonangel Member

Wow! Thanks everyone for the welcome. We've sure got a lot of moms on here! Yea!

As far as their sexes....We found out with our first 2, a surprise for out 3rd, but I REALLY wanted to know for these babes. So at our 13 week ultrasound when the Dr said he could give us a 99% on one of the twins I of course told him to tell us. The So...even though I really wanted two girls....we have at least one boy which I was sad for about 30 minutes and then snapped out of it. My hubby come from a family of 6 boys and 1 girl and so I think all he makes are 'Y' swimmers anyway. I am just going to guess that the other one is a boy too and I'll have a full basketball team of my own. :)

Thank you all for the welcome again.

I am going to cruise over and read some more. I am so excited to have found you.

16. lharrison1

lharrison1 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Welcome to TS!! Congratulations on your twin pregnancy, we are so glad you found us! You are going to love it here!
    :babyflips: :babyflips:

17. monie rose

monie rose Well-Known Member

:welcome: and congrats! My twins were 3 and 4. They are 6 days shy of being 12 years apart from my old and about 3.5 months shy from being 10 years apart from my second son. They will be 6 this April and I also have a 2 year old. I bring them up because I have all boys and was hoping for at least one girl, but nope, not in the cards for me. I just don't want you to be like I was and cry and be so disappointed that they all have penises and not enjoy the u/s after that. Because I wouldn't give my boys for anything. They are all buddies! But I hope you do have a girl! GL!

18. Dielle

Dielle Well-Known Member

Exciting! My twins are # 4 & 5, too. Then we went on to have #6 a few years later. And I posted a thread about being "crunchy" in the breastfeeding forum a few weeks ago, so funny you mentioned that. Welcome to TS!