Newbie - Courtney - Phoenix, AZ

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by CourtneyLudwig, Oct 20, 2009.

1. CourtneyLudwig

CourtneyLudwig New Member

Hello everyone ! My name is Courtney Ludwig.
    I heard about this site from someone in my MOMs group. She said it was a great site with quick responses.
    I am 32 years old (33 on Feb 3, 2010). Married to Kenny, mom to a 14 yr old son, Christian.
    We live in Phoenix, AZ.

Kenny and I were married on 2-14-2009, Valentine's Day.
    At the end of June we found out we were expecting. Our first U/S showed it was twins.
    In September, we found out they were both BOYS !
    We will be naming them "Samuel Evan" and "Jason Michael".
    (Samuel is my husband's middle name and Michael is my husband's father.)

I am currently 23 weeks along. I am very tired of being pregnant.
    I had a hard first trimester, lots of morning sickness and smell aversion.
    Second trimester started out better - then became horrible.
    I have Sciatica, Diabetes, Carpal Tunnel.
    My migraines had been bad, but have tapered off.
    My asthma was out of control - but now I am not having as many attacks. I am just short of breath alot.

I had yet another U/S today. The boys are both measuring well.
    They were 1 lb 3 oz and 1 lb 4 oz.
    Heartrate was 138 for one and 150 for the other.
    They having been checking my cervix every two weeks for the last month (and don't plan to stop).

I have an OB for regular care and a high risk Perinatoligist.
    For those that might be local - I go to Bella Woman Care (OB)
    and to PPA - Phoenix Perinatal Associates.
    I will deliver at either Good Sam or Phoenix Baptist - depending on who is managing my care at the time.

I am not workign currently. (My husband also recently lost his job)
    Times are very hard.

Well, any suggestions, comments, advice, chatting would be greatly appreciated.
    I am online at weird times due to the lack of sleep in my life.

Thanks in advance.
    ~ Courtney Ludwig

2. kingeomer

kingeomer Well-Known Member TS Moderator

:welcome: to TS Courtney! Congratulations on twin boys :yahoo:

3. christy.fisher

christy.fisher Well-Known Member

I know exactly what you mean. As happy as I am that I'm finally having babies, I am also anxious to not be pregnant anymore. They need to come when they are good and ready but I can't wait until that time gets here!

I'm almost 26 weeks and I'm getting pretty miserable. I don't know how these girls do it. This is my first pregnancy so everything is new to me. I can't sleep. My body hurts. There are feet up inside my rib cage kicking my organs all the time. I can't breath. I can't even take a shower, dry off and get dressed all at one time. I have to take breaks in between.

But... I'm having babies! :) Yeah! I feel like a cow already, but people keep saying that I don't look that big for twins. How the heck do they know? I'm measuring about 34 weeks and I'm only nearing 26. I think they expect you to look 50 weeks pregnant the entire time if you are having multiples. Otherwise you just look "normal" pregnant.

I'm sorry that your husband lost his job. :( That just stinks. I hope he can find something soon. But as for you, just relax and rest as much as you can. Drinking tons of water and laying around are the best things you can do right now.

4. summerfun

summerfun Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Hi Courtney and welcome to Twinstuff. :welcome: Congrats on your twin boys! :Clap:

5. TwinLove

TwinLove Well-Known Member

:wavey: Courtney and Welcome to twinstuff! Congratulations on your boys. :wub: I'm sorry that times are hard and you've had a rough time this pregnancy. :hug: :hug: I hope things improve and you get to enjoy your time being pregnant.

6. Zevy

Zevy Active Member

Welcome. :) I am pregnant with twin girls and I have the same due date. :)

Unfortunately I am on bed rest due to cervical problems...but I wish the best for you! Welcome.

7. kmay

kmay Well-Known Member

So glad to have you here!! Loving the honesty too! LOL

This is also my second pregnancy and I am constantly feeling like I am putting on a show for people because I am tired if hearing myself complain about it. I am so grateful for my DD and for my pregnancy but I am also very ready to have it be February 2010 already! I get about one day a week where I feel like myself and I had all of the same issues you have had minus the asthma. I just try to take it easy and enjoy those little moments when I feel them kicking and being active. Those moments keep me mentally going.

Glad you are here!

8. tamaras

tamaras Well-Known Member

:wavey: Courtney! Welcome to Twinstuff! Congratulations on your twin pregnancy!
    I am sure you will find this site very informative & helpful :good:

Sorry to hear things are rough right now :hug: Hang in there, hopefully things will look up soon.

9. AmyH

AmyH Well-Known Member

:wavey: Welcome Courtney, and Congratulations on your twins!! This is a great site to be at for support, and to also realize you aren't alone feeling like crap!! We are all right there with ya!! :(

10. jleon

jleon Active Member

Hi Courtney!
    If you ever feeling like chatting, send me a msg. on my profile. I see that we have some things in common and I also live in Phoenix. Twin pregnancies are hard and I know it's nice to have someone to talk to who understands.

11. Momof2wonders

Momof2wonders Well-Known Member

[​IMG] to twinstuff and congratulations on your double blessing!!
    Wishing you a very happy and healthy remainder of your pregnancy[​IMG]

12. Bloom86

Bloom86 Well-Known Member

Well, :welcome: to TS!!! Sorry to hear you're having such a rough time with your pregnancy, as well as in your everyday life with DH. You and your family are in my thoughts, and I hope your pregnancy gets better as time goes on.