newborn twins sleeping together?

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by pandax3, Apr 19, 2010.

1. pandax3

pandax3 Well-Known Member

We are planning to have the twins to room with me and DH for the first 2 months. (I am planning to nurse the twins) We did the same thing with DS and moved him to his crib after two months. My question is can the newborn twins sleep in the same pack and play with the bassinett feature? Or we should just go ahead and put them in seperate one? My MOL and some other twin moms told me that some twins might perfer to be together(so they can find comfort)? I am at 25 weeks and are planning to make final purhcases on items that we still need since both my midwife and obgyn told us to be ready by July 1. Any insights and suggestions will be great.[​IMG]

2. becasquared

becasquared Well-Known Member TS Moderator

My two slept in a co-sleeper for a few weeks but once they were too heavy (12(?) pounds combined), they were moved to the crib. I don't know about using a pack-n-play basinette. . .I would think that they would get to be too heavy together very quickly. What is the weight limit?

They slept in the same crib until they were 6 months.

3. Orestia

Orestia Well-Known Member

Mine slept in the same side of a twin-pack'n play bassinet thing for a few months. They were just barely 4 lbs. when they were born though.

4. kdanielleflowers

kdanielleflowers Well-Known Member

Mine were in the same PNP bassinet until they were 2 months, then I moved them into one crib in the nursery until around 3 months and then they were on their own.

5. tinalb

tinalb Well-Known Member TS Moderator

We used the Arm's Reach Original Cosleeper & they stayed in there together for several months before moving to a crib. They then shared a crib until they were 2 and moved to big beds.

6. murtygirl

murtygirl Well-Known Member

Does your pack n play have the feature where you can use the full area of the pack n play but it is raised higher?? I think the weight limit for that is quite a bit higher than using the bassinet portion

7. pandax3

pandax3 Well-Known Member

Thank you for all the posting. I have a PNP with a bassinet and PNP without the bassinet. The PNP with the bassinet is at my parents so I am planning to buy another one with the bassinet for the twins.

8. LeeandJenn15

LeeandJenn15 Well-Known Member

I thought this was the bassinet feature. This for ours worked up to 20 lbs, so for a couple of months. I didn't want them in the same one after they started rolling because it made me nervous.

9. momto3under3

momto3under3 Active Member

Our PNP has a weight limit of 15# for the bassinet level. The Arms Reach Cosleeper however has a limit of 30#. (The full size one) That's what we used for DS and what we're planning on using for the twins as long as possible.

10. Utopia122

Utopia122 Well-Known Member

We actually just put both of our girls in one crib. They slept together until they were old enough to roll over. We decided that keeping them in their own room with a monitor in ours was fine and kept the PNP in the living room. Their room was right next to ours, so it worked out well just to do it that way.

11. lisagayle

lisagayle Well-Known Member

This is the decision my DH and I made for ours...who have not arrived yet. We have purchased two cribs but will let them share until they start rolling over and then will put them in their own cribs.

12. TwinxesMom

TwinxesMom Well-Known Member

My girls selpt in a crib together till 14 months. We used the upper bassinet part with them together till they got too heavy

13. JoellePotter

JoellePotter Well-Known Member

My boys shared a crib in the NICU, then shared an Arms Reach Co sleeper for a little while in our room.. And they are still sharing a crib at almost 9 months old.

They DO NOT sleep well without each right next to them.

14. faustjena

faustjena Well-Known Member

Mine wanted to be together so while they were swaddled they were but even in the hospital they would wiggle their fingers out and put their fingers in each others mouth.

It was cute but they sometimes gagged each other and poke each others eyes!! So they were NEAR each other but not in the same crib.

Mine actually prefered to sleep in their carseats at night for the cradled feeling the first week or two.

If one wakes up crying it rarely wakes up the other!! So it's good they learn to tune each other out early!!

Good luck!!!

15. Chrijodo

Chrijodo Well-Known Member

Ours will be in the Arms Reach when the come home and then from there to a crib. we will sleep them together as long as it works for them.

16. ssb2e

ssb2e Well-Known Member

I used the bassinet feature on the pnp for several months, with them together. I think the weight limit said 15 lbs, but I think mine were much closer to 25 lbs before I took the top bassinet portion out. I then let them sleep in the bottom part together until they were a little over 6 months old. I put them in separate cribs at that point.