Nicknames for your Twins

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by Stinkpea, Sep 10, 2008.

1. Stinkpea

Stinkpea Well-Known Member

My two are affectionately known as Mayhem and Destruction!!!

2. Kerry1976

Kerry1976 Well-Known Member

Missy Moo and Buddy!

3. april mcdaniel

april mcdaniel Well-Known Member

Okay-- you guys are gonna think Im crazy, but my DD has exzema really really bad and is on 7 different med including 5 diffent foams and creams so she is always really grasy and slippery--so--her nickname is GREASY GRACIE-lol--my mom gets so mad at me when I call her that--My ds has short legs and is a chunky monkey with really short legs--so-- his nickname is fuzzy Buddha--lol--dont judge me-lol

april

4. MichelleL

MichelleL Well-Known Member

I love all those nicknames!! :wub:

Lauren was a LOUD crier as a baby, so my brother used to call her Lolo Lungs. When she was learning names, I figured Lolo was easier to learn than Lauren at first, so now that's what she is.

Emma is lots of things...EmmaLemma, Em, Emmie.

I also call them "punkin" a lot. :wub:

5. thetaphi_62

thetaphi_62 Well-Known Member

Mine are turkey (the one who is always up to trouble) and big bear (the more burly of the 2). They each will respond with the sounds that the animal makes, which always makes me laugh!!

6. nikki_0724

nikki_0724 Well-Known Member

Boo, Boo bear, Monkey, Chunk, Chunky Monkey, Bud. Buddy. boo boo...

7. Leighann

Leighann Well-Known Member

Monkey and Banana-head!

I also call them sweet girl, pumpkin, giggle-puss, and monk (short for monkey) interchangeably. Its actually AMAZING they know their own names!!! :)

8. ld2008

ld2008 Well-Known Member

We have tons but the best is peanut butter (Abby) and Jelly Ella.

9. Halseyse

Halseyse Well-Known Member

Alyssa has been the fussy one lately so I've been calling her Sponge Alyssa fussy pants, also there's honey bear and little terd, lol.

For Rose there's Rose-aroo, Rosie, and also.. little terd when her mood calls for it, lol.

10. hilly

hilly Well-Known Member

Right now mostly Pipes and PayPay. Our friend (kidless) says it sounds like they are our dogs :lol:.

11. angeez78@hotmail.com

[email protected] Well-Known Member

We just call ours Emmy and Quinny! Even though I used to say I hated when people would say Emmy, now I say it.

12. caba

caba Banned

My husband actually put a post on our blog about all the different names we call the kids ... and literally there were like 25 for each of them ... but mostly Hailey is Boots, or some deravation there of. And no, it has nothing to do with Dora. So she is know as Boots, Bootsy, Lady Boots, The Boot, Dat Boot and also Sweet feet, peanut, Little Lady, and HR (Hailey Rose, for short).

Jake is know as Moop ... I don't know why, it's mostly because he kinda moops around the house. Again, I don't know what that means, but it is a verb, and it describes him. He is also know as Mr Moop, Mr Silly, the Moop, Mr Goof, Bubba, Mr Hairdo, the 5th Beatle, Butters, McButters, Mr McButters and Dr Teeth.

I sound like an insane person.

13. Becca34

Becca34 Well-Known Member

We've gone through a whole lot of things...including Liquid and Solid (Kevan is really drooly, and Karina is really heavy).

Right now, Kevan is mostly Kev-man, Monkey Boy or Boobidy-Boo.

Karina is Karina-Bina, Beans, Beanster, or Hefty Smurf.

:lol:

14. 2betterthan1

2betterthan1 Well-Known Member

Austin is Austy-Meyer (like Oscar-meyer) lol

Peyton is Peyty- Poohbear

Collectively they are "Search & Destroy"

But my mom still calls them "This one" and "That one" After she babysits she says "This one slept this long, but that one only slept that long..."etc.... lol

Shannon

15. traci.finley

traci.finley Well-Known Member

Monkey, Sissy, Ladybug, Bug, Sissy Bug, HC, Mer Bear ...

16. Heathermomof5

Heathermomof5 Well-Known Member

We call Ava - Curly fry (her hair is really curly!) or Avie

and Addison is Toot (she has a tendancy to be very gassy!) or Addi

sometimes I still call them A & B !!

17. kstar

kstar Well-Known Member

We have a few, probably confuses the kids...

Sienna is Sienna Moo and Baba
    Lauren is LorryLou and Booboo

They both get call Missy Moo, Sissy Moo, Lovalbuggal, and Love Bug! We also had many others during different phases that they went through, but these have always stuck.

18. mama3

mama3 Well-Known Member

I just call her sweet sweet Sophie & him sugar Shane.
    I call DD#1 tooger, you see, I used to call her suger too. and she started to call herself thet. But, she couldn't say her s's back then so it's been Tooger for the past 15 years.
    Needless to say,I know sometimes the nicknames stick!

19. rayelynn

rayelynn Well-Known Member

Nae Nae and Bubby (they both think Lynae's name is really Nae Nae).

20. twinzmom2b

twinzmom2b Well-Known Member

Reagan is peanut
    Morgan is pumpkin

What's funny is you CANNOT call them the oppostite name or they will call you out on it quickly! We were listening to a toddler CD in the car the other day and "THE PEANUT SONG" (found a peanut, found a peanut, found a peanut just now...that one) came on. They kept asking me to play it over and over. Finally, Morgan says, "Mommy, play the Pumpkin song!" LOL!!! I was cracking up and trying to explain to her that there is no Pumpkin Song.

Olivia's nickname is Livi Loo

21. b/gtwinmom07

b/gtwinmom07 Well-Known Member

These nicknames are so cute!

Hope you don't mind me posting here since we aren't technically in this age group for another 2 1/2 weeks! :)

I call DS - Bobble (from when he was a newborn and would bob his head when learning to hold it up), Big man on campus, squishy bug and

I call DD - Princess, baby girl, poppet

22. Angie26

Angie26 Well-Known Member

Kaylee couldn't say Kelby so she always calles him Bobby or bubby. Not sure what she is trying to say. It comes out different

Kelby - Bubby, giggle box, and Kelb

Kaylee- Kaylee bug and missy loo la

23. cricket1

cricket1 Well-Known Member

Boo, boo bear, sweat pea, bug, doodle bug, doodle , monkey (when my one was wee little he was long and lean and would cling to me when I held him. It always made me thing of those tiny little monkeys I say in magazins on peoples hands-big eyes and all) The latest addition was smoochy!

24. threebecamefive

threebecamefive Well-Known Member

I love this thread - so many cute nicknames! :) I know the original poster asked for the nicknames for our twins, but I'm going to include the nicknames for my DD as well. For Abigail (who's almost 4) I mostly call her "Little Miss", but she also gets a lot of "Angel Girl" and "Princess Girl". When the boys were babies Nathan was always very awake and alert, and loved to interact with those around him, so I started calling him "Smiley Boy". Now that he's older he mostly gets a lot of "NayNay" and "Little Man". Andrew has always been a bit of a Mama's boy, so he's been my "Snuggle Bug" from the start. I also call him "Little Man" at times.

Just thinking about my nicknames for my babes makes me want to go give them loves and hugs! :wub:

25. Flutterbymama

Flutterbymama Well-Known Member

Aidan is bug, short for lovebug.
    Nathan is Natta-Bean, Natta, Nat, Beanie Boy, Nutter Butter, Butter Nut and Nutter Butt.
    Makenna is Kennalicious, Liciousness, Licious, Lish and Delicious (Da Licious) Girl

26. Pookeysue

Pookeysue Well-Known Member

Ours are

Paige is Punkin or monkey or Paiger Wager Puddin and Pie
    Trent is Baby Bear or Trent Bear

They call each other P and T instead of saying their whole first name.

27. dsmiley

dsmiley New Member

Well, our boys were preemies, and for some strange reason, we started calling Ethan (the first-born) Preems, and it stuck. And Owen is The Irish Bulldog, on account of his being half-Irish and always crawling with his arms bowed like a bulldog's legs

28. hot2trottt4u

hot2trottt4u Well-Known Member

Brother Bear
    Sister Bear

29. wengdddeng

wengdddeng Well-Known Member

Monkey and Mr. Cutes.

Miss Toes and Little Man

Monkey Toes and Mister

30. Stinkpea

Stinkpea Well-Known Member

These are excellent - thanks for sharing.

I thought of a few more for mine.

Sienna - Princess - sweet pea

Jordan - Big boy - buddy

Get annoyed with my SIL because she calls them Si Si and Jo Jo! ugh! (and now I do it sometimes)!! It just slips out - damn!!

31. swp0525

swp0525 Well-Known Member

My nicknames for them are Sissy and BoBo. My husband calls my DD "poopie" which I really dislike especially now that she responds to it. I asked him to try calling her something different so he started calling her Princess Poopie. She loves it..scrunches up her little shoulders and grins..he thinks he's hysterical <_<

32. Twinnylou

Twinnylou Well-Known Member

I call my 2 the evils lol only in a jokey way though!! Jack is usually called my little menace or monster!! I swear Sophie is going to go to school and they will call out Sophie and she will go who?! Nobody calls her Sophie! Everyone calls her Soph soph or monkey! x

33. kajulie

kajulie Well-Known Member

QUOTE(Stinkpea @ Sep 10 2008, 12:58 PM) [snapback]973196[/snapback]
    My two are affectionately known as Mayhem and Destruction!!!

Trouble and Goose (as in silly goose)..

34. Tracy-mom to twin boys

Tracy-mom to twin boys Well-Known Member

Since they were babies I have called Griffin my little Griffy bear or bear-bear and Alex is my ally-cat. I know he's a boy but that's just the nickname I came up with. My hubby calls him "Alex the Destroyer" because it seems that anything in his wake gets broken or damaged-LOL!!!! Even now that they're 6 yrs old I still call Griffin my Griffy bear but I also call him Griffers alot. Alex is still my little Ally-cat.

When I'm talking to the both of them I call them twinners- I still call them A and B sometimes(I noticed that somebody else posted that as well). My other name for them is "My little Twizards" (get it- twin wizards). I'm trying to convince them to be wizards for Halloween this year but I think I'm gonna lose that battle. I have lost all control-they're older now and are very independent-LOL-much to my dismay :( Hahaha!!! I call them el divo too (when they're being the "naughty twins"-lol!!!). I girl I work with calls her twin girls the dirty birds!!!

Some greta nicknames posted- I enjoyed reading them. Have a good day, all!

Tracy
    Mom to Griffin & Alex :itwins_boys:
    03/14/02 34wks

35. Angela0580

Angela0580 Well-Known Member

Abbie is dabba do and Harlie is Harbear or sometimes just bear!