Nico coming home tomorrow!

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by Cajuchopp, Nov 21, 2006.

1. Cajuchopp

Cajuchopp Well-Known Member

Okay, I am really trying not to get too excited but the NICU nurse just called me and it looks like Nico is coming home tomorrow afternoon! I am sooooooo happy!!! He is eating really well, and is ready to go! I can't help thinking that there will be a last minute set-back like with Alessandro but it looks like it will happen! Hooray! Side note: help! I don't even know what I'm doing yet!

On Alessandro's side, he is still not doing very well. His tummy is still being tubed to remove bile, and the infection remains. He is super uncomfortable and cries almost non-stop. Poor guy got used to eating and now he can only do IV and he is mad about it, according to the nurses. He is also having a terrible time regulating his temperature and is running very hot. They are telling us at least a week before Lalo comes home...it breaks my heart to hear him crying so much...

More later. You girls keep those kids in there as long as you can! Being a fat lady is much better than being an anxious lady...which reminds me that I've lost 30 lbs in one week! I gained 49 overall...so I'm on my way though I'm sure it gets more difficult near the end...

2. Cajuchopp

Okay, I am really trying not to get too excited but the NICU nurse just called me and it looks like Nico is coming home tomorrow afternoon! I am sooooooo happy!!! He is eating really well, and is ready to go! I can't help thinking that there will be a last minute set-back like with Alessandro but it looks like it will happen! Hooray! Side note: help! I don't even know what I'm doing yet!

On Alessandro's side, he is still not doing very well. His tummy is still being tubed to remove bile, and the infection remains. He is super uncomfortable and cries almost non-stop. Poor guy got used to eating and now he can only do IV and he is mad about it, according to the nurses. He is also having a terrible time regulating his temperature and is running very hot. They are telling us at least a week before Lalo comes home...it breaks my heart to hear him crying so much...

More later. You girls keep those kids in there as long as you can! Being a fat lady is much better than being an anxious lady...which reminds me that I've lost 30 lbs in one week! I gained 49 overall...so I'm on my way though I'm sure it gets more difficult near the end...

3. akameme

akameme Well-Known Member TS Moderator

That's great news about Nico - I'll keep Lalo in my thoughts - sounds like he is having a rough time [​IMG]

Miriam

4. Overachiever

Overachiever Well-Known Member

Poor little guy; and wasn't Lalo the one who was scheduled to come home first?
    He'll be fine once he's back on track and with his mommy!
    And don't worry, you'll get the hang of babies quickly - everyone does eventually. They are so resilient - just think of what they've been through already!

5. Heathermomof5

Heathermomof5 Well-Known Member

I am so glad that Nico is doing so well!!! and I am sorry that Lalo is having such a rough time - I hope and pray that it will only be
    another week before you are all home!!! [​IMG]

6. runnergirl

runnergirl Well-Known Member

Good news Kristin! We'll keep our fingers crossed for you!

7. moski

moski Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Great news on Nico.

Sorry that Alessandro is having such a tough time. Hope to hear some good news soon.
    [​IMG]

8. luv_my_kidz

luv_my_kidz Well-Known Member

It will be great to have Nico home with you. I will keep Lalo in my thoughts and prayers. You all will be home together soon!! [​IMG]

9. Beth R

Beth R Well-Known Member

I am so happy Nico is coming home. I hope Alessandro follows shortly. I am sorry that he is still having problems. It really must break your heart. But soon they will both be home and this will be a memory. You will be fine-I promise. Great weight loss.
    Please keep us posted.

Hugs,
    Beth

10. threetobe

threetobe Well-Known Member

Poor Lalo! I wish him a speedy recovery and homecoming.

Yay that you're bringing Nico home! Does this mean no surgery?

11. Cajuchopp

Agh...exhaustion! Last night I got 4 hours of sleep, it was 2 hours the night before--I guess I can feel good about the doubling of rest! I slept really well during pregnancy so I guess this is the revenge.

Nico is the cause for all this, and happily so. I am so grateful to have him home. He is a little cutie though not a great breastfeeder--I am going over to the Breastfeeding forum after my nap. He is eating every 3 hours and I hope to bring him to the pediatrician today because he is not giving much back in his diapers--and since he is the twin that had the immature rectum, I am afraid it is getting bottled up inside him.

Alessandro is still in the hospital--I cry every time I see him. He is on a 10 day course of antibiotics so he won't be home until at least a week from now. Poor little man--he cries all the time. So it it is really a ridiculous scene between me and him in the NICU--we are out-crying each other, and my dh is like "help me, G--"

Okay,must go take a nap before going back to the NICU and feeding the NICO [​IMG]

12. Heathermomof5

Heathermomof5 Well-Known Member

Bless your heart!! You and your boys are in my thoughts and prayers
    [​IMG]

13. CCJN

CCJN Well-Known Member

So glad to hear Nico is home [​IMG]

I hope he starts eating better for you soon and everything is going okay with his immature rectum.

I hope Alessandro get to come home soon and join Nico [​IMG]