Nightmare at the shoe store

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by ilovemonkeys, Jun 25, 2010.

1. ilovemonkeys

ilovemonkeys Well-Known Member

A local Stride Rite store is going out of business so I wanted to take the kids to get some shoes. They had never had their feet measured before so I had to let them out of the stroller. They were okay at first, playing with some other kids in the store, etc. But then my son kept going into their backroom and while I was grabbing him my daughter actually pushed the door open and ran out of the store. I was so stressed out the whole time we were there. I couldn't get my daughter to get back in the stroller so I was hanging onto her, tightly I might add, because she was fighting me. I just wanted them to ring me up so I could get out of there. I feel like I looked like a horrible mother with two out of control kids. :crazy: I guess it was worth it though because I got 3 pairs of sneakers and a pair of sandals for $28 (that's with tax).

2. maybell

maybell Well-Known Member

It hasn't exactly happened like that to us.... but I can TOTALLY relate! I was thinking, that was brave of you to let them both out at the same time! :) glad you got some great deals!

3. SarahONeill

SarahONeill Member

Can anyone relate....? Oh geez, yeah. But we had two out of control children and both myself and my husband were there! We took the boys to get their first fitting and first shoes at a Clark's - which gives you a great service and you get to join some club and they take a picture of your kids with their first shoes. But of course the boys, all excited about getting to walk around, just wanted to be trying out their shoes and exploring the store. So we're both keeping an eye on a boy each, while my husband tries to fill in the forms they give you, and then of course the camera runs out of film. And then when they get film the sales girl is trying to get nice posed photo of the boys who at that point are just two squirming worms and don't want to sit still at all! So we're like, just take the picture already! Don't wait for some sort of smile! (Mind you, the photos are pretty hilarious as a result.) Getting the sale rung up seemed to take forever.

I am just so thankful we went at the end of the day so there were hardly any customers in the store. And the sales staff were really nice about it all. The boys didn't get too grabby with the shoe displays thank goodness. But nightmare? Yes!

4. nateandbrig

nateandbrig Well-Known Member

What an awesome deal!!!!!!

And I haven't been there but can totally feel your pain! I've wanted to get them new shoes for about a month and I dread going in and having their feet measured that I just haven't gone :blush: So even though it sounded tough, you DID it!! :woman: :hi:

5. twinsnowwhat

twinsnowwhat Well-Known Member

Well at least for all your troubles you got some really good deals :)

6. mommyto3boys

mommyto3boys Well-Known Member

I had the joy of taking my twins plus my 3 yr old to a stride rite outlet a few weeks ago. I too had to let them out of the stroller for measurements and fittings and it was absolute chaos. At the outlet they have all of the shoes in boxes on shelves or displays at the ends of asile. Needless to say, several boxes were pulled off of shelves and Carter managed to pull down 10 boxes at once off of one of the displays. I know they were happy to see us leave that day!