nighttime visitors

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by LB, Jan 4, 2010.

1. LB

LB Well-Known Member

One or both of my little guys have decided to visit me once or twice a night. It seems that they are losing their blankets and getting cold b/c they will say, "I cold", I take them back to bed and cover them up and then they go back to sleep..sometimes they come back again and sometimes not. What is it with this??? any suggestions?

2. DATJMom

DATJMom Well-Known Member

Mine still do that. It could be that they need to go to the bathroom and it makes them get up. I just read your other thread. I just try to be consistent with no talking. Either take them potty or just take them back to their bed.

3. summerfun

summerfun Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Mine do not get out of their bed, but do call for me to tell me they are cold. And I tell them, they can pull their own covers up. The other night DD called me in to tell me she had pulled her own covers up. :laughing: I am hoping they will realize they can do it soon. Sorry no advice from me.

4. Stacy A.

Stacy A. Well-Known Member

Mine did this. We actually had lessons right before bed on how to cover ourselves up and reminded them they can do it themselves. It worked for one, but the other just had this idea that if she is awake, someone else should be, too. :rolleyes:

5. ldrane

ldrane Well-Known Member

Sorry..no suggestions..we deal with this too. In our case, DS wakes up and I think he just needs to see what is going on and if anyone else is up. He still gets up every night. :headbang: DD will wake up on occassion when her blankets fall to the floor. She is a petite little thing and can't get in and our of her bed on her own. So, she honestly needs help when this happens. <_<

6. Utopia122

Utopia122 Well-Known Member

As soon as you figure that out, PLEASE let me know :D At least your boys quietly come and get you...mine scream until they wake someone up, usually her sister and me and DH.[​IMG] It's been a on going problem since the switch to toddler beds. I don't know why they can't figure this stuff out . I've tried charts and discipline to get it to stop..finally I'm just hoping it will stop in the next couple of years. [​IMG]

7. moski

moski Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I could try to give you some advice on this, but I'm too :lazy: from all three of my kids getting up last night!! I think the twins were a little anxious because they were going back to school today. I'm hoping tonight is better.

8. brandycaviness

brandycaviness Well-Known Member

I have no advice since mine still get up every single night. It has gotten better, at least now it is one or the other and not both. :laughing: