No appetite

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by yellow77, Dec 17, 2006.

1. yellow77

yellow77 Well-Known Member

Anyone else completely lose their appetite? I'm 34.5 weeks and I guess my stomach is so squashed that I have no room for food. I don't even get hungry, but then I feel lousy so I eat something but nothing tastes good and I'm not in the mood for anything. Normal, right? I hope these prenatal vitamins are working for the babies!

2. kuchar

kuchar Well-Known Member

I'm not quite that far, but I do fill up very quickly. I'll be hungry, take a few bites, and the hunger along with any desire to eat is gone. I'm definately not used to this... I usually love to eat! I guess it will be time to go back to protein shakes again soon.
    Helen

3. ReallyTiredMom

ReallyTiredMom Well-Known Member

Yes - I think I am beginning to lose it now. But, throw some food in front of me and I usually eat it! I do remember that in the end with my single pregnancy - obviously, like you said, due to lack of room! I am getting a little concerned though because I know I need to be eating more and it's seriously the last thing I want most of the time. I am really trying to drink some Ensure, when I can stomach it!

4. Stinkpea

Stinkpea Well-Known Member

I am doing so poorly with my eating habits.

I have no cravings and am just generally not that hungry. If food is given to me I will eat as much as I can but it is usually not very much.

I have been panicking because I keep hearing I need breakfast, 2 midmorning snacks, lunch, 2 afternoon snacks and then dinner + dessert.

I eat no where near that many times. If I hit three of those, its a good day.

5. Dianne

Dianne Well-Known Member

I think that is normal, just do the best you can. I agree that if you can stomach an Ensure or Boost it might help but in the meantime just eat what seems appetizing when it seems appetizing and go from there. Maybe the babies will shift a little and your appetite will return!

6. JASB

JASB Well-Known Member

While I have no problem eating, nothing seems to satisfy my appetite. I keep eating thinking something will taste good, but it doesn't. After all this time of eating and eating and eating, it seems like I am running out of food to enjoy. I think that is normal at the end of the pregnancy. Let's see what happens with Christmas dinner [​IMG]