No Aunt Flow at 11wks?

Discussion in 'The First Year' started by ladypotter, Sep 6, 2010.

1. ladypotter

ladypotter Well-Known Member

I know it would be normal if I were still Breast Feeding, but I was only able to do that for 3 weeks. So since then, I somewhat expected to get my period back by now...its been nearly 8 weeks since I stopped BF and still no AF. Does this seem normal?

2. megkc03

megkc03 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I can't remember when AF came back for any of my kids. I want to say though-I am not sure there is a normal in terms of when it does come back. Every person is different. I have a friend, one who got her AF pretty quickly, the other who didn't until after 8 months(still b/fing). If concerned, you could always talk to your ob. I know some people like to know in terms of planning another pregnancy, or to prevent another pregnancy.

3. Gigantor

Gigantor Well-Known Member

In theory once a mother exclisively bfing her baby should not get af. Once you stop, it could take about 3-4 months before it resumes. Yes, I would think it's normal. Wait another month or so, it'll show up.

4. 5280babies

5280babies Well-Known Member

There is no normal but there are a lot of myths. I exclusively bf'd until 10 mos but AF came back at 4 mos.

5. snoopytwins

snoopytwins Well-Known Member

I think you're fine. I know people say if you exclusively bf, you won't get af, but I got mine at 16 weeks and 18 weeks, respectively, and I exclusively bf well beyond that. After the boys, I also bled the entire time until 15 weeks, then one week nothing, and then got af at 16 weeks. Go figure.

6. ladypotter

ladypotter Well-Known Member

Thanks all!! She showed up yesterday!! FINALLY!! ha...not that I WANTED her, but at least I am getting back to normal. Now if I could drop this 20 extra pounds!!! :laughing: