NO NAPPING!!!! HELP

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by avaoliviamom, Dec 18, 2006.

1. avaoliviamom

avaoliviamom Well-Known Member

As I have read in other posts it seems that other 2 year olds are rebelling their naps... I am in deep mourning [​IMG] .. LOL

I am a big advocate of leaving them in there though for quiet time.. Just wondering how long is long enough.. They usually would nap anywhere between 1.5-2.5 hours..So is a 1 hour quiet time enough??? They seem fine to hang out in there but I feel bad leaving them in longer..What are you all doing? TIA

2. avaoliviamom

avaoliviamom Well-Known Member

As I have read in other posts it seems that other 2 year olds are rebelling their naps... I am in deep mourning [​IMG] .. LOL

I am a big advocate of leaving them in there though for quiet time.. Just wondering how long is long enough.. They usually would nap anywhere between 1.5-2.5 hours..So is a 1 hour quiet time enough??? They seem fine to hang out in there but I feel bad leaving them in longer..What are you all doing? TIA

3. Marieber

Marieber Well-Known Member

We leave them in for two hours, in hope that they will fall asleep. Mine often take at least an hour (of FUN) before falling asleep so I would say one hour is not long enough -- for us. We put them down around 12:30 and generally if they aren't asleep by 2:30 I take them out.

4. Ali M

Ali M Well-Known Member

I left them in there for either 3 hours (12:30-3:30) or until they had slept for one hour. They were fine and it was an expected part of their day. They needed the downtime, and possible nap, so it never occured to me to feel bad about it.

5. melissao

melissao Well-Known Member

Mine are rebelling too Laura! I can sympathize. I'm putting mine in the cribs at 1:30 and leaving them in there until 4 whether they sleep or not. It makes me nuts that they're not sleeping, but I can't force them to. Starting tomorrow I'm putting one in a pack n play in another room to see if that helps. I'm really hoping that the nap will return! Good luck to you too [​IMG]

6. Thumper

Thumper Well-Known Member

Ours are currently rebelling... again...

... it happens on occasion, where they'll stop napping for several days, then one day they'll just tip it upside down and start napping again.

This time around is a little forced, mainly because I got fed up with them goofing around for 2 hours before falling asleep at night.

But man, it sure hurts missing that nap in the afternoon for daddy. [​IMG]

Good luck, everyone!

--> Andy

7. FirstTimeMom814

FirstTimeMom814 Well-Known Member

Nap time here is from 1-3. They can either sleep or not, but they aren't coming out before their 2 hours is up. Usually I get a little over an hour of sleep from them.