noise machine

Discussion in 'The First Year' started by ThankG-d, Jan 3, 2007.

1. ThankG-d

ThankG-d Active Member

Anyone use one during nap/sleep time?

2. ThankG-d

ThankG-d Active Member

Anyone use one during nap/sleep time?

3. rebeccalynn71

rebeccalynn71 Well-Known Member

I use a white noise machine at night, mainly for myself but I think it helps the babies sleep also.

4. summerfun

summerfun Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Yes, I use one in both my twins rooms, they have separate rooms. In DD's room is a small heater that we set on fan, so it just blows air, but does make noise. In DS's room we had the humidifier going, but decided to buy a noice/sound machine from Bed Bath and Beyond and have been using that.

5. Stephe

Stephe Guest

We were using a humidifier every night for the noise but recently bought a noise machine and use that instead. I get to hear the waves crashing through the baby monitor while I sleep too [​IMG]

6. burgybabies

burgybabies Well-Known Member

We do and I think its been wonderful! Our oldest has a purifier for white noise. Her bedroom is just off the kitchen/living room area. It has a 'high' setting for when we have people over and need to block out more noise [​IMG] . The babies have a fan and humidifier for noise.

7. twinsohmy

twinsohmy Well-Known Member

We use a cool mist humidifier and it makes noise but not too much. It blocks out some of the other noises that might have woken them otherwise.

8. valeriemiller39

valeriemiller39 Well-Known Member

I use one at night and at naps. It's great because when we travel, I can take it with us and it is familiar to the twins which helps them sleep.

9. veggiehead

veggiehead Well-Known Member

I have both a sound machine (for me!?!) and a white noise cd for them during naptime. They also love to fall asleep to light music.

10. Stephanie M

Stephanie M Well-Known Member

We use a humidifier. We don't always fill it with water. Sometimes we just let the fan run. It is so great!

11. BoysInTheHouse

BoysInTheHouse Well-Known Member

Yes, we got two different ones in the last month. We use them during naptime if my oldest DS is around or I expect other noises that might wake them prematurely. It does seem to help. And, we use them at bedtime to drown out babies CIO or our oldest DS getting ready for bed.
    We have the First Years Nature Sensations Lullaby Player -- not bad but only runs on batteries. Unique voice activation feature - it turns on when there's any noise (to try to lull baby back to sleep; not sure if it works for my DS).
    We also have a Homedics Sound Machine that I bought at Bed Bath and Beyond for $20. It's not bad, but I'm returning it because the turn dial to turn it on/off and adjust volume doesn't always work. I'm going to try to get something similar, but one with only buttons rather than a dial to turn it on.
    Hope that helps!

12. Crystal74

Crystal74 Well-Known Member

I'm never without one. I actually have two, one for each baby. It really has helped both of mine. I got mine at Kohl's for about $20 each.

Crystal