Not Noodles - fun food idea

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by DblStuffOreo, Aug 27, 2012.

1. DblStuffOreo

DblStuffOreo Well-Known Member

OK, this post will probably get moved elsewhere, but I wanted to post in 2 - 4 years first because, if you're like me, you're always looking for fun ways to get veggies in your LO's.

When I got married someone gave me this kitchen gadget. I thought the thing was completely useless . . . until last week. I shredded up some zuccini and carrots with it, sauteed them in olive oil with some tarragon, finished off with butter and served them as a side. My twins screamed "Noodles, hooray!" and ate the shreds instead of the rest of the dinner. Since it was veggies, I didn't complain. In fact I cheered, too. Veggie eating without a fight - HOORAY! Plus, DH felt like it was a gourmet meal because of the julienned veggies. (I didn't share that I did it with a few pulls of the tool, and not hours slaving over a cutting board. :)) So, I wanted to share my finding in the hopes it might work for some others of you.

2. Danibell

Danibell Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Awesome, what a cute idea!!