Not sure how to describe this...

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by mrsfussypants, Mar 21, 2007.

1. mrsfussypants

mrsfussypants Well-Known Member

I'm having a really weird sensation tonight. I haven't ever had BH, so I'm not sure if that's what I'm feeling. I have heard BH described as a tightening, and that sort of how this feels, except it's not ever releasing. My stomach just feels super tight--but I can't tell if it's coming from "inside"--(like the babies' position or something) or the muscles "outside". It it slightly painful, and seems to be extending around to my back too. It's felt like this for a couple of hours now. I don't feel the pelvic pressure anymore like I used to, but there is definitely pressure extending out. I don't know if this makes any sense at all. I'm just hoping you can tell me if this is "normal". it does not feel like the contractions I remember from labor with my son...so I'm thinking I shouldn't make a big deal out of this. I'll stop rambling now.

Reyna

2. AmyD

AmyD Well-Known Member

I would call your doctor or the hospital and explain what's happening. They may want you to come in so they can monitor you. It's better to be safe than sorry. Good luck!

3. twoin2005

twoin2005 Well-Known Member

I agree! So did you call? Let us know how you are doing.

4. mommyinmay

mommyinmay Member

Hey Reyna - It is amazing when I am worried or asking my mom or OB about stuff and then I come on here and find that someone else is experiencing the SAME thing! I too have had that wierd feeling you are describing. Most of the time though my "tightness" is concentrated at the top of my belly - where twin B is. I do get it all over sometimes though. I just recently - yesterday - started having backpain with also. I asked my OB about the tightening and she didn't seem worried about it. AS long as it wasn't coming in intervals and regular - she said it was probablly just the babies stretching and rolling cuz the space is getting tight. She did do the preterm labor test - don't know what it was called - just did something like a papsmear and that turned out negative - did an ultrasound and everyone was moving and happy, and checked my cervis which she described as "Fort Knox!" [​IMG] So I'm not too worried about it but if you do call let me know what your doc says about it!
    Sarah

5. ahmerl

ahmerl Well-Known Member

Hi Reyna,

I have not had experience with what you are describing; however, I am thinking of you and hope you called your doctor and all is well. I will look for your update so be sure to let us know.

Amy [​IMG]

6. mhouse

mhouse Well-Known Member

i have the same issue almost every evening - i think it is b/c my stomach expands faster than my skin and everything gets really tight, i.e. muscles, skin - i feel like i have a band under my boobs that gets tighther - alot of times laying on my left side or going #2 helps relieve some of the pressure...i also got a pregnancy support band which helps...

7. mrsfussypants

mrsfussypants Well-Known Member

I'm so glad you ladies are experiencing the same thing! I did have a particularly active day yesterday, so I thought maybe I would sleep it off and be ok. This morning the tightening was there almost immediately..so I waited for my ob's office to open and called. Of course she wasn't in the office, so I talked to a nurse, and she said it's just another form of Braxton hicks. As long as it's not reallyy low, or feeling like menstrual cramps--it's probably just fine. She said that at this point in a twin pregnancy your uterus is inevitabley contracting from time to time. Thanks for the help ladies!

Reyna

8. Vero

Vero Well-Known Member

I just started feeling the same thing last week. I was told by the nurse last week and confirmed by my OB today that it's Braxton Hicks aka false contractions. As long as it doesn't happen more than 4 to 5 times in a hour then you're okay. I was told that if it happens for 2 hours consecutively (4 to 5 per hour) then to go to L&D. So far I'm getting 3 to 4 a day. So the OB said it's normal since the Uterus is expanding. Try and track them and if in doubt - just call the doctor. It's better to be safe. Good Luck. [​IMG]

9. mhouse

mhouse Well-Known Member

just wanted to add that mine werent BH - they monitored me - the doc didnt know what it is, so we thought it was just muscular...