Nursery ? How do you paint things such as animals on the wall are there stickers you can buy?

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by kitkat72783, Jan 21, 2009.

1. kitkat72783

kitkat72783 Well-Known Member

I'm starting to brainstorm about possibilities for nursery themes. I dont have one yet But I would like to start buying things as soon as we find out what they are and decide on a theme (hopefully within two weeks) My goal is to have everything boughten before I leave my job. I love the idea of having things on the wall but I didn't know if I would have to get an artist to paint them on or if I could find stickers or something somewhere? Our walls are cream/white so I was just keeping it as that as far a base...I figured it was gender nutral and for some reason I just have this feeling its boy/girl but still buying green/yellow till we know for sure=) The area we're we'll have the babies is also pretty small concidering all the stuff we'll have in there so we dont need a huge mural just somethings to tie it all together. Any ideas?

2. Utopia122

Utopia122 Well-Known Member

The murals and wall stickers are called "wallies". You can find a ton of them at various prices on the internet. Just search for "wallies". Have fun decorating!!

3. newtothis

newtothis Well-Known Member

4. Danibell

Danibell Well-Known Member TS Moderator

LOVE wallies here!! It's so easy to switch them out when the kids interests change! My son has been thru about 5 different sets, and we've got 2 sets for my daughter already! I haven't bought any for the twins yet, their nursery won't be done until after they are born ;)

5. tundrababy

tundrababy Well-Known Member

I just bought of bunch of 'wallies' off Ebay for my daughters room....they look great....almost like I painted them (there are pink circles) which I could never do that perfect. There was a ton of choices..and would definitely do it again!!

6. RG215

RG215 Well-Known Member

I just received transportation "wallies' from www.wallnutz.com. They are really cute and look to be fairly easy to put up.

7. h2believe

h2believe Well-Known Member

If you want to get that painted look and feel, I highly recommend these guys: http://www.tatouagedesigns.com/ They send out free samples (free shipping too!) so you can see their quality and how it works.

They have some amazing stuff and I plan on using their stuff for my five year olds room real soon! Haven't decided yet on a theme on the nursery yet.

Good luck!!

8. debid

debid Well-Known Member

If you decide you want something painted on, there are projectors that you can buy at craft stores to shoot the image from paper to wall. You can then sketch it on in pencil and your painting job will be a whole lot easier.

9. scrparker

scrparker Active Member

We did something a little different which looked great for my sons room, and we will probably do the same for the twins. Michaels (& Joanns I think) has small wooden pre-painted pictures of different things like cars, trains, butterflies, bees, suns, animals, etc. We did a Winnie the Pooh theme and stuck on lots of bees. We used sticky velcro so that we could change the theme easily. We now have cars, trains, bikes, dump trucks and fire trucks. A bonus is my son loves to switch them around and has learnt to stick them back on the velcro.

10. scorpion509

scorpion509 Well-Known Member