Nursing Bras

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by JessicaHollenbeck, Jul 13, 2013.

Hi everyone!
    Question for you: I am in need of a new bra (they just keep getting bigger) and I was wondering if its too early to buy a nursing bra? The twins are due December 9th but as you all know, twins usually come early! I just don't want to buy another (this would be my third) regular bra if I can just buy a nursing bra now.

PS- This is my first pregnancy and man oh man I did not realize that I would also go through so many maternity clothes! One day they fit the next day they don't!!

Thanks so much!!

1. Krystine

Krystine Well-Known Member

I love my Bravado body silk nursing bras and they do have some stretch in them. When I got pregnant I was in size medium and I had to switch to large. They're expensive and you can get cheaper ones elsewhere but they are so good and you don't want to waste money buying bras you hardly will wear. I've been wearing mine for years since I nursed my daughter over 3 yrs and they have held up really well.

2. Mom2VLS

Mom2VLS Well-Known Member

I like the Gilligan and O'Malley nursing bras from Target. I have been wearing mine since my oldest was a few weeks old. I find their structure to be less of a pan than the average nursing bra. Though the Bravados look nice too. :)

3. Krystine

I think it depends on what size you are, too. I tried the Target ones and they were OK, but I have to say I love the Bravados and their essential nursing tanks are awesome. I wear them as pajama tops all the time.

4. Thanks! I am a size 38 D I used to be a B!!!!!! It is so crazy! Now since I am that size will the Target ones fit well? Also where do you buy the Barbados? I was also thinking about trying the motherhood maternity store...any thoughts?

5. Mom2VLS

Mom2VLS Well-Known Member

The target ones might not fit as well at that size. I never exceeded a size C, I don't think, even right after the twins were born. I saw the Bravados on the Target website, I think. I never could afford the stuff at Motherhood Maternity but they definitely had nice stuff.

6. Krystine

You can get Bravados online from their site, Amazon even sells some or nurturedfamily.com