# of days after IVF did you get a +

Discussion in 'General' started by K*D*B, May 21, 2007.

1. K*D*B

K*D*B Well-Known Member

I am new at all the info on IVF. I have a friend that is on her 4th try and was just wondering how it works after the transfer. I think she had them implanted on day 5. She goes in today for her 1st blood test and then Wednesday for the 2nd. She took a home pregnancy test this weekend and it was negative. My question how long after you had them transfer did it show a + reading? I am hoping it was just the HPT and that she is pregnant. She is just devastated again.
    Cari

2. twoplustwo

twoplustwo Well-Known Member

QUOTE(K*D*B @ May 21 2007, 04:30 PM) [snapback]263672[/snapback]
    She is just devastated again.
    Cari

I am so sorry!! :hug99:
    I am glad yo uhas a great friend like you to help support her.

I did IUI so that is different that IVF.

3. Fay

Fay Well-Known Member

My RE does pregnancy tests 10-12 dpt. when was her transfer? I hope it's just too early and that she gets her baby.

4. New Mom

New Mom Well-Known Member

I waited for two weeks. That is how long my doc waited after doing the transfer to do a blood test. So I took a home preg. test that afternoon before my appointment and got a very faint line. It was two weeks after the test was positive that they did an ultrasound and found out it was twins.
    I hope your friend the best. It is not easy going through infertility. Its an emotional roller coaster.

5. KatrinaS

KatrinaS Well-Known Member

I didn't take a hpt until my beta came back positive, but that was 14 days after retrieval (go figure, it was for DH). The nurse told me I probably would have gotten a + at about 10 days past retrieval or DPO.

Hope your friend receives a pleasant surprise!

6. K*D*B

K*D*B Well-Known Member

My RE does pregnancy tests 10-12 dpt. when was her transfer?

She did the tranfer on May 11th on day 5.

I am not sure when they start the counting days. Like I said before, she went today and then goes back Wednesday. They will not tell her anything until Wednesday when they have the results from both tests ( iguess to see where her HCG levels are.

Thanks for all the imput. I want this so bad for her.

Cari

7. TwinLove

TwinLove Well-Known Member

You are a great friend for caring. I don't know the answer to your question, but I am hoping your friend gets a positive result! :hug99:

8. summerfun

summerfun Well-Known Member TS Moderator

My clinic didn't do a blood test until 18 days past ER, so that would be 13 days past a 5 day transfer. I got a blood test a few days early since I developed OHSS pretty bad and they assumed I was pregnant, they were right. I never did a HPT at home, I was too scared too.

Good luck to your friend, I know it's not fun waiting.

9. MommyTo3andCounting

MommyTo3andCounting Well-Known Member

With our IVF cycle I didn't test until 14 days post transfer (which for a 5 day transfer would be 11 days post transfer). I was too nervous to test before hand.

However, with my last IUI I was curious how long it took the HCG from the trigger shot to get of of your system so I started testing at 6 days post IUI. It was negative on days 6, 7 & 8 and had a faint positive on day 9. Day 10 I went in for a blood test after another faint positive at home, and it was confirmed.

Good luck to your friend. There isn't much more nerve wracking than waiting that two weeks to see if you're pregnant.

10. plattsandra103

plattsandra103 Well-Known Member

I also had my test 14 days post transfer....i was told that hpt anytime before then may turn out a false negative, and i was *this close* to doing one anyway the day beforehand, but i was too chicken...best of luck to your friend, she is lucky to have you

sandra

11. rheamay

rheamay Well-Known Member

I got a positive home test at 6 days post a 5 day transfer. But - I am preggo with triplets so there was a lot of hcg flowing around! LOL I have seen people get home positives as early as 3 days post transfer (preggo with twins). I have also seen people not get a home positive test but get positive betas - so don't let your friend get discouraged. It's not over until that blood test is done and I have seen some crazy things happen on beta day!!

12. KCMichigan

KCMichigan Well-Known Member

I did a HPT at 6 days post transfer (we did a 6 day transfer) and then a positive beta at 10 days post transfer.

13. Babies4Susan

Babies4Susan Well-Known Member

I never did an HPT until 12 days past my 3 day transfer (or 14 days past my trigger shot). It was definitely positive.

14. MNTwinSquared

MNTwinSquared Well-Known Member

I took a test the morning before my blood test, so probably at day 9. I didn't want to test to early because of the beta being still in my system, but wanted a little heads up for the blood draw. We had 5-day blasts transferred on a Saturday and I took the test on the following Sunday. so 9dpt. It was a faint positive. An internet friend tested the day after her positive blood draw (twins) and hers was extremely faint. You're a great friend!

15. JDMummy

JDMummy Well-Known Member

I had a three day transfer and I got a positive 9days past 3 day transfer --- so 12 days after conception. Does that make sense?

16. butterfly02

butterfly02 Well-Known Member

You are such a good friend. It is so emotional going through fertility treatments, it is nice to have a great friend to help cope with things.

I had IUI so things are a bit different, but we did the HGG count 14 DPO.

17. megkc03

megkc03 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I did a 5 day transfer and got a BFP on a HPT at 7dp5dt. I'm having twins, although my beta wouldn't necessarily reflect it. It was 126 at 14dpr. Hope that helps some. And it just doubled to 259 two days later. I will tell you though-when I took the HPT, I took it at 5:30pm. I went to the bathroom and looked at the stick and it was negative. I was expecting a big positive(this was IVF#4-2 fresh and 2 frozen-this was 2nd fresh). I finished going, went to turn on the computer to drown in my sorrows, then went back to hide stick so DH wouldn't know I tested...LOL-It was positive! I was shocked! So-never say never until you get that blood test!!!! You never know!! Hope some of that helps!

18. BBCanadianTwins

BBCanadianTwins Well-Known Member

It is nice to see she has such a good supportive friend in you :)

I started testing at 3 days past 3 day transfer (I wanted to ensure it was negative so that when/IF it did turn positive it would be a REAL positive. I saw the first very faint faint line at 6dp3dt.

GOOD LUCK!!!

BB

19. SeattleLisa

SeattleLisa Well-Known Member

My test was at 15 dpo (or 10 days after the 5 day transfer). I never took an HPT with this cycle - I had seen too many negative HPTs and was just over it by that point. So we waited for the real test. My beta was so high though - I bet I probably would have gotten a pretty early positive on the HPT.

In my experience - if you test w/in a reasonable range (12 dpo or later), then those tests usually are right. I've heard stories of people having negative HPTs and positive betas - but they're pretty rare stories.

Best of luck to your friend. This isn't easy.

20. 1girltwinboyz

1girltwinboyz Well-Known Member

I am a cert POAS addict. I tested from a few days past transfer. I had light BFPs from the hcg. Then totally blank neg hpt BFN at 7dp3dt. Then a faint but def there BFP at 8dp3dt. I went in for beta blood pg test 2 days later. Did she have a beta blood test yet? Most REs require you to come in either way. I know it was devastating the first IVF when it failed to go in to the office to finalize the BFN :angry:

I am so sorry for your friend. :hug99:

21. 1girltwinboyz

1girltwinboyz Well-Known Member

8 days past my transfer I got a faint but definitely there BFP!!! Then the next day I got all PREGNANT on the digital hpts!!! That is now the 27 month old twin :itwins_boys: B)

oops sorry for dup post :eek:

22. twoplustwo

twoplustwo Well-Known Member

Any word yet?? Curious to know!

23. K*D*B

K*D*B Well-Known Member

No word yet. I probably won't hear from her until Saturday when I see her. I will let you know as soon as I find out anything.
    Cari

24. noahandjacobsmom

noahandjacobsmom Well-Known Member

QUOTE(Babies4Susan @ May 22 2007, 03:01 PM) [snapback]264746[/snapback]
    I never did an HPT until 12 days past my 3 day transfer (or 14 days past my trigger shot). It was definitely positive.

It was exactly the same for me.

25. cclott

cclott Well-Known Member

MY RE does a blood test 10 post transfer, my 10th day was actually a sunday, so I tested that sunday and got a faint positive. So positive I thought it was negative and crawled back in bed and cried to DH. He is actually the one that got up and looked at the test and found out that it was positive. I guess I looked too soon. So I got an +HPT 10 days past a 5 day transfer.

26. returntoshore

returntoshore Well-Known Member

I got a positive home test on 7dp5dt, and a positive blood test 2 days later.

27. lettered olive

lettered olive Well-Known Member

I did an HPT 10 dpt and it was positive. But I was having twins, so I would assume that if it had been only one baby, it may NOT have been positive that early?