Ok so we've been over Christmas gifts... what about

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by Chicklet, Dec 2, 2010.

1. Chicklet

Chicklet Well-Known Member

Stocking stuffer ideas? I have NO idea what to get for in the boys stockings, my girls were a breeze but these boys IDK I was thinking of stuffing it w diapers ;) but think the girls would question that haha

2. MarchI

MarchI Well-Known Member

My older son recommended teethers and rattles. LOL. I bought some chunky CHUCK trucks. They are 3.99 each in TRU They are the size of a Computer mouse but taller. I am putting those in there with a can of puffs for each of them.

3. vharrison1969

vharrison1969 Well-Known Member

Last year I went nuts in the dollar bin at Target. They have lots of cool stocking-stuffers!! Some of the stuff is not age-appropriate, but you can find plenty that will work for your boys. Last Christmas I got 2 wooden trains, 4 wooden vehicles (school bus, fire engine, space shuttle and plane), Sesame Street squeaky board books, chocolate coins, plastic frying pans, and socks. All for $1 apiece! :good:

4. Momof2wonders

Momof2wonders Well-Known Member

In my house, the stockings are only filled with Christmas chocolates, this year they will get the Kinder Big Surprise Santa chocolate.

5. MrsWright

MrsWright Well-Known Member TS Moderator

[quote name='Nate and Jack's Mom' date='02 December 2010 - 10:07 AM' timestamp='1291302446' post='1730346']
    Last year I went nuts in the dollar bin at Target. They have lots of cool stocking-stuffers!! Some of the stuff is not age-appropriate, but you can find plenty that will work for your boys. Last Christmas I got 2 wooden trains, 4 wooden vehicles (school bus, fire engine, space shuttle and plane), Sesame Street squeaky board books, chocolate coins, plastic frying pans, and socks. All for $1 apiece! :good:
    [/quote]

Ditto! We also do mostly snack type foods in their stockings but I found some play dough and spoons shaped like airplanes that they will love this year!

6. gina_leigh

gina_leigh Well-Known Member

I also use the Target $1 bins. Love those! And this year we are adding socks and underwear to the stockings. :panties:

7. AimeeThomp

AimeeThomp Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Last year on Xmas Eve we realized we had totally forgot about stockings so my husband ran up to Walgreens. The girls loved the trinkets in their stockings more than the gifts! The things I remember that they loved were little Mickey Mouses that when you hold them play Xmas songs, and little flashlights.

8. Danibell

Danibell Well-Known Member TS Moderator

We do books, chocolates, last year we did paci's, bowls, spoons, snacks for the twins. This year we're doing trucks/tractors/trains or whatever I can find. I also love target dollar racks for stocking stuffers! And I bought some mini m&m's for the twins, they love m&m's! :lol:

9. rubyturquoise

rubyturquoise Well-Known Member

Santa always brings my girls socks and underwear. For some reason underwear are exciting if they come from Santa. Then maybe some pens, a few candies, things like that.

10. megkc03

megkc03 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I will get the little m&m's that are the ornament too I believe. I usually do toothbrushes/toothpaste as well. Some candy, maybe some trucks, cars, etc. I really have no clue myself! LOL!

But I agree-Target $1 bin-can't beat it!

11. cheezewhiz24

cheezewhiz24 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

We are buying a Melissa & Doug music set for them, but there are a couple of things in it that are too big for them. So we're going to open it up and put what they can use now in the stocking. We also found these bells on Amazon that we think they are going to love. They love bells of all kinds (including the Hershey's Kiss commercial with a bell choir made of kisses!)

12. kingeomer

kingeomer Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I third or fourth the Target Dollar Bin. I also use that for their Easter Baskets. I also add some Matchbox cars, toothbrushes (because I am that dorky Mom), an orange (something DH's grandfather used to do for them), crayons because they can always use replacements.

13. Lynn76

Lynn76 Well-Known Member

I agree with the dollar bin at Target!! I just found some plastic rolling pins there and bought for each of my kids for rolling out playdough.

If you have a Hobby Lobby (awesome craft store) the have some really neat things up by their registers. I found some neat trucks and some other things that were almost vintage!

Also, Michael (craft store) has a bin like the dollar bin at Target. I have found some neat things there too.

Each of my kids are getting new toothbrushes, a pair of fun socks, toys, new crayons. Older ds is getting a tube of Mini M&M's (his favorite candy!) and the twins are getting some fruit snacks in theirs.

14. Chicklet

Chicklet Well-Known Member

Thanks for the ideas, they do love Cars and I never thought of wrapping those for their stockings.... maybe some trains too. I'm in Canada and we don't have Target ... yet ;) I do go to Micheals a lot for the girls stuff for grab bags and stockings. I'm trying to avoid the amount of junk in the house, so I find if I go to the dollar store or similar I end up just tossing it b/c it broke.

15. Danibell

Danibell Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I don't buy from the dollar stores anymore either, it's literally junk that falls apart! I'd rather buy hot wheels cars or something that's more expensive from walmart, than buy junk cars from dollar stores ;)

16. cheezewhiz24

cheezewhiz24 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Yeah, the dollar store stuff actually scares me a little. The Consumer Product Safety Commission regularly recalls toys from the Dollar Stores for lead. If it were occasionally I wouldn't mind so much, but as most of our toys were 2nd hand I checked one day to make sure they hadn't been recalled. You would not believe the # of toys from the Dollar Stores that were unsafe. :(