Olivia Paige is HERE!

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by twinzmom2b, Mar 11, 2008.

1. twinzmom2b

twinzmom2b Well-Known Member

Well, Miss Olivia Paige has arrived! A few days earlier than we expected, but we'll take it!

On Saturday, I woke up with the most horrendous headache I had ever had. I had had it off and on since 9 pm Friday night and by Saturday at 9 am, I couldn't hardly open my eyes and hearing noises and lifting my head off the pillow were debilitating. So, I figured I should call the OB (thinking pre-e or something). But, I had also been sick with this chest congestion, so I thought better safe than sorry. I called (mind you, in the middle of a Blizzard...literally) and they told me to come in. It took DH 20 minutes to clean a spot out of the drive way so we could get out, called the neighbor and had them come watch the girls. It took us over an hour to get to the hospital (normally a 20 minute drive). We get there and they monitored the baby, took blood work, monitored BP, etc. Everything was NORMAL. After 5 hours, they sent me home, with a MUCH needed shot of NUBAIN!! That finally worked on the headache. After I was dishcarged, I called my parents (who had since made it to my house) and they said out county was on a level 3 snow emergency, all cars were being ticketed and the drives into our development weren'ta ccessible without 4Wheel Drive. UH OH..we couldn't get home! Called the hotel where DH's sister works, she got us a room and we went to stay there. Headache FINALLY had subsided! No baby yet!

On Sunday, I went to get out of bed to use the restroom when I had a gush of fluid. I thought it might just be some discharge. So, I got up and found my pj pants were soaked! Um, tell DH that I think my water just broke (again, still in th emiddle of a blizzard). So, I took a shower, got ready and then went to use the restroom again. Just as a sat down, another gush and then I urinated...I knew it was definitely my water! So, I called MIL (who was in a room down the hall b/c they couln't make it home) and told her what was going on. Called my parents (still with the girls) and told them I was giong back to L&D. Get back to the hospital and they swabbed my pad, but there wasn't enough liquid, so they sent the OB in to do a speculum exam. As soon as they got me in stirrups...more fluid came rushing out. They didn't even need to test after seeing that! So, I was finally admitted and they got things ready for my c/s. 5 hours after my water broke, they took me back for the c/s.

Olivia Paige was born on 3/9/08 at 2:12 pm. She was 38.5 weeks. She weighed 6 lb. 13 oz. and was 19 inches long. Wait till you see her. She has DARK black long hair and she is covered in dark hair everywhere...lol. NOTHING like the girls at all. I think I got a DD that looks like ME this time! Anyway, she came out crying like a banshee, it was beautiful! Then, I guess she started grunting. So, they called NICU to come and take a listen to her. Thought it might be that whatever it's called when a baby is born c/s and doesn't get all the liquid sqeezed out of the lungs. So, they took her to ICU and took a chest x-ray (while I was being stitched) and found a small pnuemothorax (hole in her lungs). AHHHH! She was admitted to NICU (de-ja vu right?) and they put her under the O2 hood. By 10 pm that night, they had completely weened her off of it, but since she hadn't eaten anything yet, they had to get her on liquids and get the IV out before they could consider the regular nursery for her. I just kept hoping and praying NOT wanting to go through NICU stuff again.

They observed her all last night and the rest of today and she did great! BF is giong a bit slow b/c I wanted her to get int he formula she needed to get her off the IV and in the room with us. At 2 pm this afternoon, they wheeled my beautiful baby girl into my room so she could visit ME and not me going to visit her! I fell in love all over again!!! So, she is doing great!!! My recovery is great too! My only complaint is having a c-section and a chest cold (blowing noise and coughing...YUCK).

We should both be discharged on Thursday and I'll have to post pics once we are home.

Morgan and Reagan haven't met her yet. She was in the NICU and they both have had colds, so they couldn't go in there. They were here Sunday night to see me (which really confused them b/c I couldn't get out of bed yet) and they went home with my parents until Thursday. They keep asking them if mommy is still sick. I miss them tons, but I'm also enjoying my little bit of alone time with Olivia.

Anyway, that's my kinda LONG birth story, but we can't do much without major events!!! LOL!!! BTW, we ended up getting 20 inches of snow where we live at and even some of the schools were STILL cancelled today. I've never seen a winter storm like this before!

Thanks for thinking of me and I can't wait to share pics of my precious little one!!!!

2. j_and_j_twins

j_and_j_twins Well-Known Member

Congratulations!! that is great news, and of course u had to do it in the middle of the worst storm this winter!! She certainly made a grand entrance

amanda

3. Melis

Melis Well-Known Member

Congratulations! I can't wait to see pics!

4. moski

moski Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Congratulations on little Miss Olivia! At least you'll always have a great story about her birth during the March Blizzard!! I can't wait to see pictures. Take it easy!

5. firemedic

firemedic Well-Known Member

Congrats Becky!!! I cannot wait to see her. I figured you would go during the storm.

6. avd1995

avd1995 Well-Known Member

Welcome baby Olivia :Clap:

I love her name.

You have a story to tell her, that she was born in a snow storm.

The girls are going to be great big sisters!

7. j_and_j_twins

j_and_j_twins Well-Known Member

Forgot to add, I love the name Olivia Paige its adorable

8. AliPaige717

AliPaige717 Well-Known Member

Congrats on your new little one.

I love her name!!

9. a1cbrandy

a1cbrandy Well-Known Member

Awwww...CONGRATS!!!!!!

Brandy

10. TwinLove

TwinLove Well-Known Member

:clapping: WELCOME TO THE WORLD OLIVIA!!! :clapping:

Congrats! :drinks:

11. 2monkeez

2monkeez Well-Known Member

Congrats Becky! Your post made me cry!!! :rolleyes: I am so excited for you and happy Olivia is doing well! Can't wait to see the pics!

Here's to a speedy recovery!! :drinks:

12. Heathermomof5

Heathermomof5 Well-Known Member

YAY!!!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!! :birthday: SWEET GIRL!!!!!!!!!!!

13. jamey2193

jamey2193 Well-Known Member

Congrats!!!! Welcome to the world Olivia!!!!

14. 2IrishBlessings

2IrishBlessings Well-Known Member

What an entrance she made!! I am so excited for you Becky. Congratulations. What a beautiful name. I wish you a speedy recovery and cant wait to see pictures!!

15. RondaJo

RondaJo Well-Known Member

Congratulations Becky!! Welcome Olivia! Can't wait to see pictures. I KNOW she is beautiful.

16. Mommy2ATeam

Mommy2ATeam Well-Known Member

:birthday: Olivia!

Congratulations Becky! I thought about you this weekend when I kept seeing the news reports about all the snow you all were getting and wondered what the odds were of you going into labor during the storm. :)

17. b/gtwinmom07

b/gtwinmom07 Well-Known Member

congrats, can't wait to see pics.

Glad that her NICU time was short and stay safe in all that snow!

18. denali_ice

denali_ice Well-Known Member

a huge, huge congratulations to you!!!!

19. twoin2005

twoin2005 Well-Known Member

Congratulations!!! I can't wait to see the pictures!!!

20. Shanonlee

Shanonlee Well-Known Member

Congratulations Becky (dh and big sisters too! :D )
    I cant wait to see pictures of your little princess!

21. MNTwinSquared

MNTwinSquared Well-Known Member

Congratulations! I was just thinking of you today... glad she's alright! Sorry about the cold, I think we all have it!

22. twinreverb

twinreverb Well-Known Member

congratulations!!! Great middle name ;)

23. ljcrochet

ljcrochet Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Congrats.
    Didn't you also get married in a bad snow storm?

24. kcole

kcole Well-Known Member

Wonderful news - we can't wait to see pictures! And what a story for her baby book (and a great page for a scrapbook)! Congratulations on your houseful of beautiful girls!

25. jenn-

jenn- Well-Known Member

Congrats Becky! I just knew this was your weekend with all that bad weather coming through. Can't have a birth without a little bit of excitement.

26. twinzmom2b

twinzmom2b Well-Known Member

Yep!!! That's us!!! We do everything in the blizzard like conditions!! LOL!!! What's funny is that this past weekend was the worst weather weekend SINCE our wedding 5 years ago. All the news channels kept referring back to that weekend in February 2003 as the last big storm. Gotta love coincidences!

QUOTE(ljcrochet @ Mar 12 2008, 12:45 PM) [snapback]664915[/snapback]
    Congrats.
    Didn't you also get married in a bad snow storm?

27. annelily2000

annelily2000 Well-Known Member

Congratulations!!!! Love her name.

28. momotwinsmom

momotwinsmom Well-Known Member

Congrats Becky!! Great news!!

29. BaaRamEwe

BaaRamEwe Well-Known Member

CONGRATULATIONS! I'm glad everything went well and the NICU time was short. I can't wait to see pictures.

30. dfaut

dfaut 30,000-Post Club

Leave it to a blizzard to make a baby come early!! My neighbor had hers during a blizzard too!! :hug99:

What and ordeal!!! Congratulations on the arrival of OLIVIA~~~ :birthday:

31. ****mws****

****mws**** Banned

welcome to the world olivia.. congrats to mom, dad and sisters..

32. candctwinfactory

candctwinfactory Well-Known Member

Congrats on your little Olivia!!!

33. egoury

egoury Well-Known Member

Congratulations! That's wonderful news! I'm so glad it all worked out in the end. I can't wait to see the beauty.

34. Susanna+3

Susanna+3 Well-Known Member

Wow you have quite the story to tell that little girl someday!! Can't wait to see pics!!

35. GirliesGalore

GirliesGalore Well-Known Member

Congrats Becky! That's quite a birth story. And the name is darling! I hope Olivia is working out her breathing issues. Can't wait to see pictures of her! Take care!