Omega3/DHA & Loose Stools?

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by jaclynkoehl, Apr 5, 2010.

1. jaclynkoehl

jaclynkoehl Well-Known Member

Hi,

Last week I picked up some Silk soymilk with Omega 3 & DHA at Costco for my LO. Since switching her to soy she's had firm stools, but it seems that after starting this new soymilk with Omeg3/DHA she's had loose stools. I've switched her back to Soy Dream, the brand we'd been using. We haven't been doing anything else new so hopefully this is the culprit!!! I guess I'll find out over the next couple days.

Has anyone out there had any issues with the milk or soy milk with the Omega 3 / DHA?

2. nateandbrig

nateandbrig Well-Known Member

I haven't noticed that but I'm glad you figured out what it was!

3. vharrison1969

vharrison1969 Well-Known Member

I haven't tried that, but if the side effect is loose stools, I may want to. Poor Nate has been having constipation so bad he's crying, and Jack signed "hurt" to me when he was pooping the other day. :( I've cut down on their milk and it's helped a little bit, but maybe the Silk would be a good substitute. :pardon:

Hopefully your DD will be back to normal after going back to the other soy milk!

4. maybell

maybell Well-Known Member

I haven't necessarily tried that on them, but I was just thinking I wanted to add back in flax meal to their oatmeal and such, and am wondering if it will cause loose stools too. I know I quit it at one point thinking that was a culprit! hopefully you get it figured out, and I'm going to try to keep an eye on if we try a milk or soy with that in it. thanks for the heads up.

5. jaclynkoehl

jaclynkoehl Well-Known Member

Thanks ladies... I'm giving her a few days to "re-adjust" and I'll update the board.

6. heathertwins

heathertwins Well-Known Member

I've given my girls Fish oil tablets and I've noticed that can happen. Flax seed oil too.

Heather