On Hand Food Suggestions

Discussion in 'The First Year' started by beckman445, Apr 20, 2010.

1. beckman445

beckman445 Well-Known Member

Well, I have two bottomless pits :ibiggrin: which is actually a great problem to have since we've struggled with gaining weight. Our pedi has approved them to eat whatever they want in whatever quantities they want to help up their caloric intake. And so far, we haven't found anything they don't want! They are getting to the point of not wanting much baby food and wanting all table food and are eating things my oldest wasn't eating until well over a year I know. So, we're doing things like grilled cheese, noodles, pasta, cottage cheese, bananas and avocados.

But I was wondering if anyone had any other suggestions for foods that we can keep on hand to feed them. In other words, not actual meals I can fix (i.e. grilled cheese), but just food to pop out and feed them (i.e. sliced cheese, cottage cheese). Maybe we're already feeding them everything they can handle at this point; I just feel like we're stuck in a rut already and we're only 8.5 months!

TIA
    Laura

2. Miss Conception

Miss Conception Well-Known Member

Awesome! We have two great eaters as well and are feeding them mostly the things we eat (just cut up smaller and softer).
    Here is a list of things we feed them:

potatoes
    toast with hummus/butter/fruit puree/cheese
    chicken
    turkey

You know, it's too much to list here. Go to this site and peruse what they have to offer. I love the joy that feeding them brings now that we are off of the baby food and onto more people food. They seem so much happier now!

3. tinalb

tinalb Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Yogurt, crackers of all kinds, rice cakes (sometimes I will melt a bit of cheese on them), fruit of any kind, different kinds of dry cereal...

Oh, and check out this thread from our first year handbook. There are tons of suggestions for finger foods from our own TS moms.

4. LeeandJenn15

LeeandJenn15 Well-Known Member

Have you tried any super soft fruits or vegetables? It seems like they might be ready to start trying small bits of peaches, or cooked carrots..things like that.