One Twin Helping with Sister's Bedtime Troubles

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by [email protected], Dec 3, 2010.

1. trudyhm@att.net

[email protected] Well-Known Member

One of my twin DDs is uber-clingy and I call her my little remora fish. She sobs for me when I put her in her crib at bedtime, and this ebbs and flows, and it's bad right now. I lay her back down one time and leave for good and she sobs for about 3-4 minutes, and that just breaks my heart. Lately, I've been having them tell each other good night and that they love each other, etc. I've recently been asking my other twin to talk to the sobbing twin and tell her it's okay, not to cry, that she's right there for her (their cribs are pushed together) and to sing her a song, and to do it loudly as I've got a noise machine cranked up.

Last night I laid the sobbing twin back down, reminded her sister to talk to her, and left for good and the sobbing ramped up, as usual. I then heard my other twin talking to her loudly, saying "Don't cry, baby..." and other things I couldn't make out and my sobbing twin STOPPED! I was floored and it brought tears to my eyes. I praised them both this morning and I really hope that clingy-DD can be comforted by her twin again tonight.

It's getting more fun by the day seeing them starting to play chase and hide-and-seek together, make up funny words and laugh hysterically at each other, comfort the other, really talk to each other, etc.

2. MNTwinSquared

MNTwinSquared Well-Known Member

Awww... what a good sister she is. :hug: to you! I know crying babies hurt my heart.

3. MrsWright

MrsWright Well-Known Member TS Moderator

How sweet:) We're going through the same thing only Jack comforts JT on his own:) Last night JT was crying "mommy lay JT bed" (we recently switched to toddler beds and I hear Jack go "Happy happy happy happy!!" In a sing-songy way and JT stopped:)
    So cute when they interact! :wub: :wub:

4. maybell

maybell Well-Known Member

very very sweet!!!! mine are chattering away right now... its sweet to hear interaction, but super sweet to hear them comforting!

5. june07girl

june07girl Well-Known Member

That is so sweet! My girls are each others 'loveys' they are so good at comforting the other one. It's so cute to hear them say 'It's okay sweetie pie' on the monitor at night. Such special twin moments that only we twin mommies get to experience!!

6. nateandbrig

nateandbrig Well-Known Member

awww... I'm loving listening to the twins communicate!

7. tinalb

tinalb Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Awww, don't you just love those moments! :wub:

8. Shohenadel

Shohenadel Well-Known Member

Thanks for sharing your moments! I'm really looking forward to times like those!

shannon