One year ago today .....

Discussion in 'The First Year' started by AKilburn, Jan 23, 2013.

1. AKilburn

AKilburn Well-Known Member

I just realized one year ago today we found out we were going to be adding to the family by not one but two!!!!!

The twins are now 5 months old and I cannot imagine my life without them. I keep getting all weepy thinking about when my doc told me we were expecting twins. I was so scared and excited all at the same time. Scared bc of my health and fearing all the complications the docs told me I would have let alone the added complications with twins. And now I have two beautiful babies that are healthy and I really had no complications during my pregnancy.

I feel so lucky and I'm so in love with Adalynn and Jackson. ... My life really is complete! :wub:

5 people like this.
  2. Katheros

Katheros Well-Known Member

Happy Twinniversary!!

3. monica77

monica77 Well-Known Member

I see it took you a while to find and join twinstuff :) after you found out you were having twins - about 2 months. I found twistuff 2 days after I found out about the twins :). It's strange the way doctors try to scare people pregnant with twins, I am glad it wasn't too bad for you after all. And enjoy the babies while they are so youg, they grow up too fast :).

4. AKilburn

AKilburn Well-Known Member

Haha! Monica I was snooping on here for a while! I was petrified to jinx it. It wasn't my OB that scared me, he was really positive throughout the whole pregnancy, it helped that he was very well versed in the EDS though. When I was diagnosed with the EDS I was 15, diagnosed by NIH and Johns Hopkins, they told me I'd likely miscarry, probably would never be able to carry a baby to term, etc. Basically told me to never get pregnant. My mom also has the EDS and she had 7 pregnancies, 5 of which were miscarriages, both of her pregnancies were horrific. I thought I was in for the same if not worse since it was twins, but it was obviously meant to be bc it seriously was a perfect pregnancy!

I'm so lucky to be a SAHM and I can enjoy every minute with them! You're not kidding about them growing up too fast! I can't believe they're already 5 months!!!! I dont know where the time has gone!! Where's life's pause button! :)

5. MrsWright

MrsWright Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Awwwww<3. I remember the days I found out I was pregnant both times and the date we found out it was twins too:)

Enjoy them! What I wouldn't give to hold some twin babies!!!!:)

6. rayceryin12

rayceryin12 Well-Known Member

Yay! Mine will be 5 months on Monday....it's going FAST!

7. Mom2VLS

Mom2VLS Well-Known Member

Tell me about it! I was looking at my Facebook timeline last night and I can't believe how much all of my kids have grown. :cry: Where's the pause button?