Only four more weeks to go

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by FGMH, Apr 23, 2014.

1. FGMH

FGMH Well-Known Member

Only four more weeks to go to my estimated due date and I really want to slow down and enjoy the last bit of this pregnancy. The last few weeks were really busy but finally things seem to be falling into place:

I have finished all my own projects at the office and am only filing and tidying stuff for the partner who will take over my clients and letting him have a well-deserved vacation. I will probably have my last day in the office on April 30 which means that I will have worked through the first half of my statutory maternity leave (Germany's laws are generous - 6  weeks prior to the due date, 8 weeks after the birth, but as I am self-employed as a partner in my law firm the benefits do not really apply to me).

DS had his surgery today and is now peacefully sleeping beside me. After a dreadful time with recurring ear infections we really hope he will be on the way back to his usual good health.

We have finally picked names. That was really difficult this time.

We ordered a stroller and the nusery is all set up for the baby and the twins are settled into their new room (which is done except for the curtains). So DH only needs to set up the crib which will go into our bedroom.

I had a good appointment with a midwife and an OB at the hospital and they agree with my OB that I am a good candidate for attempting a VBAC. So I can start looking forward to the birth.

2. jjzollman

jjzollman Well-Known Member

Sounds like you're ready!!

Very exciting! Good luck!

3. Specky

Specky Well-Known Member

Well done! Sounds like you really can enjoy your last weeks! I hope your son recovers quickly. Are they excited about the baby? Do they like their new room?

I'm 5 weeks away from delivering and feel I have a ton more to do but I'm slowing down quickly.
    I work until may 20th and have my c-section scheduled the following Tuesday. I only work 2-12 hr shifts a week so it's not too bad.
    I hope you continue to feel well!
    What are you going to do with your time off before the baby??

4. gina_leigh

gina_leigh Well-Known Member

Woohoo! You're almost there! I can't wait to hear about your vbac!

Spend some of your time off pampering yourself and relaxing.

So excited for you!

5. lharrison1

lharrison1 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

You are all set!! Yay!!!  I hope the next 4 weeks fly by for you! :)

6. monica77

monica77 Well-Known Member

It sounds like you have everything under control. I hope all goes according to plan. Good luck with the birth and enjoy this last month of pregnancy.

7. FGMH

FGMH Well-Known Member

Oh, I never realized our due dates were so close - with a scheduled c-section you might be holding your baby before me. Good luck for the last few weeks!

DD is pretty excited about the baby, DS has a harder time imagining the future and adjusting to changes so I think he will probably be happier once the baby is actually here. It was the same with their new room - DD was eagerly anticipating the move while DS did not want to think or talk about it before it actually happened. But they are both proud of their new room, especially as they are allowed some toys in their room for the first time! No toys while they napped - which they did until last Christmas, but now some of the toys with tiny pieces will have a home in their room instead of the living room where they mainly play so far.

In my free time I am hoping to do some work on the baby books for the twins because I never got very far with that and I think it would be a cool gift for them when I come home from the hospital. It might make it easier if they can see what it was like when they were babies.
    Apart from that I have no real plans, maybe I will finish my vegetable garden planting and sowing, maybe I will crotchet another cardigan for the baby, maybe I will even find the peace to read a proper book, maybe I will stock the pantry and the freezer with supplies for easy meals after delivery.

And, Gina, I am determined to take a nap every day before I pick up the the "big kids" from pre-school!