ordered birthday invites!

Discussion in 'The First Year' started by christinam, Jun 21, 2011.

1. christinam

christinam Well-Known Member

I ordered the twins birthday invites tonight! I can't believe they're going to be a year in a little over a month. I didn't really realize how big they're getting until my niece came over with her newborn today. She was SO tiny. You forget how little they are when they're new.

2. megkc03

megkc03 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Isn't it amazing how fast it goes by when you really sit and think about it?!? I'm already thinking of planning my boys FOURTH birthday. Huh?!?

Exciting about the invites! Party details!!! Theme? Big? Small? Home? Elsewhere? Are you getting them anything? Oh how I miss those days!!! Enjoy it!

3. christinam

christinam Well-Known Member

It goes so fast! Most of this past year is such a blur!!! My oldest is turning six this year and I can't believe it! I'm getting ready to enter the crazy time of year. We have three birthday parties, school starting, mini-vacation, and all the holidays! The next six months always fly around here.

I'm going to try to keep the party simple. We're having it at our house rain or shine. I'm doing hot pink/lime theme. No characters! I haven't decided on a cake yet. I know I'm doing smash cakes but not sure size or cupcakes or whatever. I know I'll do cupcakes for everyone else. I'm planning on just inviting family and one friend. If everyone actually comes which likely won't happen then they'll be about 20 people here. Not too bad. I'm really hoping it doesn't rain because I'm going to have it outside and fire up the grill. We'll get them something but I haven't figured it out yet. Maybe some soft books or puzzles. I'm not buying toys and I'm hoping we get some fall clothes.

4. megkc03

megkc03 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Sounds perfect! I love the colors! For the boys we did blue/green and for Annabella we did purple/pink. No characters and it was much cheaper(we also had 80 people...and that character stuff is EXPENSIVE!). I made their smash cakes-they were GIANT. The boys I made #1 cakes, and for Annabella I made her the crown cake mold. And then we got Costco cakes for everyone else.

Make sure if people ask why they need-you tell them!!! Enjoy the rest of the planning!