OT of DD Yeast Infection - MIL comments again

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by ckreh, Aug 23, 2011.

1. ckreh

ckreh Well-Known Member

I posted yesterday about DD's yeast infections from PT and MIL's comment that made me ? my understanding of treatment of yeast infections. Well last night she called to "check on DD" and was telling DH that while she babysat for a little over 2-hours with bringing SIL along for help she was totally exhausted from it all indicating that she wasn't up for another babysitting session. DH said "yeah and you were only here 2-hours and with help, not alone like we are most days while one of us is at work".

Then she offered up this little gem "it was upsetting that Lily would not comply (listen) to all my requests...it was like she was in her own world with no authority". DH got mad and said "first you need to discipline them when you are here just like everyone else. If you never discipline she/they will walk all over you. Second, they are 3-years old and I have yet to meet a child that complies to an adults every request immediately". Needless to say she ended the phone call very quickly after that.

I am so proud of DH for speaking his mind lately instead of letting them intimidate him. It just amazes me what this woman comes up with and she is a pediatric nurse who should have better skills with children. I think she chose the wrong field when she started working almost 40+ years ago. I remember DH telling me that they used to get in trouble when they got sick because she dealt with enough sick kids at work and didn't want to deal with it at home too. She is not a kid person by far.

Thanks for letting me vent. DH vents to me and then I don't have anyone to vent to. If I tell my mom about her comments that opens a whole can of worms I don't want to deal with.

2. Rollergiraffe

Rollergiraffe Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Holy moly. I am glad your husband stood up to her!

3. twinsnowwhat

twinsnowwhat Well-Known Member

Yeah for your husband - way to go!

4. Leighann

Leighann Well-Known Member

:woah: Seriously? Who is the kid here?!

5. ldrane

ldrane Well-Known Member

Wow! That woman leaves me speechless.;) Wtg- to your DH for standing up to her!

6. kingeomer

kingeomer Well-Known Member TS Moderator

:bow2: to your DH for standing up to her. It seems to me that she might be burned out at her job and just is not able to care for children compassionately at the end of the day. I'm sorry that she acts the way she does and upsets your family :hug:

7. Trishandthegirls

Trishandthegirls Well-Known Member

Good for your husband. I always love hearing about adult children standing up to their overbearing/whiny parents!

(how's your DD doing?)

8. ckreh

ckreh Well-Known Member

She is doing much better. We have been helping her wipe and telling her that she needs to wipe really good or else she will get itchy and stinky. She thinks that is funny, so that is helping us teach her.