our girls are here!

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by beckstar, Feb 17, 2011.

1. beckstar

beckstar Active Member

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5057/5448929692_57afdc4d42.jpg
    Untitled by becksfluff, on Flickr

both complete breech, born at home. baby a into water, b on my bedroom floor.

baby a: 2/14/2011 10:05p 5lb2oz 18"
    baby b: 2/15/2011 12:20a 6lb3oz 19"

baby a: rowan bee (rowan was a name i'd held on to during my pregnancy and said that if baby a was truly a red head like i'd pictured her...i'd call her rowan. it means 'little redhead' and is also the name of a tree in ireland. she's also coincidentally the smallest of the two. bee is a name for my sister melissa, whose name means 'honeybee' and my bff bethany, who we call b.)

baby b: lennox aileen (it started to rain just after baby b was born. i suggested to hubs we call her raine and he thought of the song 'here comes the rain again' by annie lennox and suggested lennox...this is a really out of the box idea from hubs so i just had to go w/ it. aileen is his grandma's name.)

2. Brizzy_Twins

Brizzy_Twins Well-Known Member

Congratulations :) they r beautiful. Nice names, very unique <3

3. E's 3

E's 3 Well-Known Member

Amazing!!!! They are beautiful and I love the names.

4. miss_bossy18

miss_bossy18 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

congratulations! they're beautiful.

5. Tamaralynn

Tamaralynn Well-Known Member

Congrats on your girls. They are beautiful

6. kumphort

kumphort Well-Known Member

Beautiful babies, would love to hear more detail on the birth story if you have the time.......

7. ward

ward Well-Known Member

Good job!!! Those are two very pretty babies =)

8. TrishaLinn

TrishaLinn Well-Known Member

Wow, congrats on the homebirth. I would SO love to do that. Your babies are beautiful :)

9. medicinemansgirl

medicinemansgirl Well-Known Member

Congrats again Becky!! I'm still just so excited for you! There is nothing in the world like homebirthing twins. It's an amazing experience. And, as always, I'm a huge fan of double breech stories. After vertex/breech the 1st time this past set shocked us when they decided to both be vertex from 33 wks on. We would have done a double breech homebirth had it come to that. I love that you had the courage, educated yourself about it all and surrounded yourself with knowledgeable people and care providers. It's just a pretty peaceful thing to welcome them at home and then curl up in your own bed. After hearing of so many twin homebirth stories of babies coming 2 hrs apart very healthy and naturally I'm starting to realize that our 10 minutes wasn't much. LOL! So cool that they have different b-days too. Doesn't happen very often. Love the names!! I'm especially found of Lennox...so pretty.

10. Henderson

Henderson Well-Known Member

wow great job momma! What great valentines gifts!

11. Heathermomof5

Heathermomof5 Well-Known Member

YAY!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! and HAPPY BIRTHDAY SWEET babies!!!

12. slavila

slavila Well-Known Member

Wow! That's just amazing!! Congratulations!!

13. summerfun

summerfun Well-Known Member TS Moderator

:clapping: Congratulations!!

14. monica77

monica77 Well-Known Member

Congratulations! They are very cute and great names too. Wow, both breech and home birth? You are brave. I would like to hear more about it also, as a person who had 2 breech babies and a C-Section and also being a twin myself and knowing my breech twins birth story. I was born on a different day than my twin sister also, same way like yours around midnight.

15. Adding 2 more!

Adding 2 more! Well-Known Member

Congratulations! Both look absolutley gorgeous and perfect!

16. TwinLove

TwinLove Well-Known Member

:Clap: Congratulations!!

17. cheezewhiz24

cheezewhiz24 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Congrats on your girls. I, too, am interested in your birth story if you have a minute (maybe at 3am?!)

18. beckstar

beckstar Active Member

thank you all so much (hi nikki! can you tell im proud? shouting it from the rooftops, more like it!). i definitely plan on sharing my birth story...its just brewing in my head still. i need to watch the birth vid again for baby a since labor was pretty quick and i want to make sure i get it right!