Overflowing nighttime diapers!

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by MNTwinSquared, Nov 15, 2008.

1. MNTwinSquared

MNTwinSquared Well-Known Member

We eat about 6pm and bedtime is 7:30. THe kids don't drink or eat a lot at this meal. They often will go potty/poop once or twice afterwards, and for sure right before bed. IN the morning their nighttime diapers are just drenched. I've had to wash sheets 3 out of the last 4 days! :shok: I don't get it. There are times when DS is dry but nothing is changed... same routine and amount of food/drink. :help: I don't know what to do. I am sick of doing laundry and besides it is the top bunk (not set up as bunk beds) and so the railings make it a challenge to take sheets off every time. :(

ETA: They are pretty much day trained. WE have some accidents, but not too many.

2. mel&3

mel&3 Well-Known Member

We have the same problem. The only thing that seemed to help was putting the kids in a larger diaper, since they were in-between sizes and we were still in 4s, we just up sized to 5s. Maybe you could try telling them to let you know if they wake up and have to pee. That may catch a few incidents before they happen? Other than that, I'm not sure. Sorry!

3. debid

debid Well-Known Member

Is the diaper full? I ask because right before we started having dry mornings on a semi-regular basis, they were holding it until they were full up and then peeing all at once sometime in the early AM. Their pajamas and sheets would be wet even though their diapers weren't saturated. I think it was simply a matter of too much all at once. SO, the wet sheets were actually a good sign for us!

4. MNTwinSquared

MNTwinSquared Well-Known Member

yes, the diapers are saturated. There was a time for a few nights that we'd catch Clayton in the downstairs bathroom with his diaper off going potty. Of course then he'd need help getting his diaper back on. So, then we went to pullups for 4 nights. Since pull-ups = big kid pants, I used a 3 strike formula. After 4 nights he was back in a diaper. He hasn't been up in the middle of the night since. :(

5. AmynTony

AmynTony Well-Known Member

are they in the largest size diapers? I know Huggies Overnights go to a size 6 and Pampers Cruisers go to a 7 - perhaps a larger dipe?

6. ktfan

ktfan Well-Known Member

I never found overnights in a 6, only 4's and 5's. The Pamper's 7's are HUGE although I may break down and start buying them for Aaron if the nighttime pullups/underjams don't do the trick.

7. Snittens

Snittens Well-Known Member

I found Huggies Overnight in size 6 at WalMart. Jackie, I think it might be like Debi was saying, they are having a big pee in the morning. Try getting to them right away and putting them on the potty ASAP. I know, I like letting them play a bit before I get them, but maybe that's it. I've found that they are much more wet if I don't get them right away in the morning.

8. AliPaige717

AliPaige717 Well-Known Member

I know everyone is suggesting different diaper sizes but here is another idea for why the kids may be so wet in the morning.

I see you are in Minnesota so I am sure it is cold there already. Are the kids room/s colder over night then they have been. I ask this because everytime my neice gets too cold over night she starts soaking her diapers again. As soon as my sister puts heavier pj's on her or ups the heat it stops. So is it possible that they could be too cold at night?

9. Utopia122

Utopia122 Well-Known Member

Huggies are the only diapers in which the girls do not wake up wet. Maybe it's the diapers.