Pampers Cruisers-Are they worth it?

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by cjk2002, Jan 31, 2009.

1. cjk2002

cjk2002 Well-Known Member

I've been using Walmart brand diapers for months with no real problems. They're cheap; $14 for 92 size 4 diapers. Lately though, we've been having some poop related leaks and I think it's because they are moving. :eek: Let's see how to phrase this: it's coming out of the sides of their diapers along the leg. I always try to make sure that I pull the diaper around their butts near their legs, but that does not seem to help.

So, I was thinking of trying the cruisers and was wondering if they are worth the money.

Thanks

2. sj3g

sj3g Well-Known Member

As much as I loved Pampers Baby Dry, I really do not care for the Cruisers. They get too wet overnight and moisture seems to seep through to the outside layer somehow, causing the seat of pj's to be damp with the scent of urine. Ugh! And for some reason, they always give one of our girls a bad diaper rash. Probably something to do with the moisture. They just didn't work for our girls. We now use Luv's and have had no problems with leakage, moisture, or rashes.

3. AimeeThomp

AimeeThomp Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I really like Pampers Cruisers but I like Luv's just as much and Luv's are much cheaper.

4. CHJH

CHJH Well-Known Member

We are always able to solve our leak problems by going up a size.

5. Beth*J

Beth*J Well-Known Member

Cruisers work well for us, but I haven't really tried anything else since they were a lot smaller.

6. xavier2001

xavier2001 Well-Known Member

We are a Pampers Cruisers family, I cut corners on ALOT of things, but diapers aren't one of them, we have not had one blowout or leak incident since we made the switch and we go through less diapers b/c they stay drier longer, totally worth the extra money IMO.

7. cjk2002

cjk2002 Well-Known Member

Thanks. I don't have any problems with the Walmart brand with wet diapers, only poopy. I use Huggies Overnites for bedtime and love those. I think with them moving around so much, it makes their diapers shift along their legs, which causes the poop to leak.

Guess I could always buy a pack and see if it helps.

8. NINI H

NINI H Well-Known Member

We use Swaddlers still here, but will use Cruisers when they get big enough. It what I used with my older 2 also. Their the only diaper I use. LOVE THEM!!!

9. kingeomer

kingeomer Well-Known Member TS Moderator

We've used Cruisers and have not had any problems at all.

10. double-or-nothing

double-or-nothing Well-Known Member

Love the way cruisers fit but they are a PITA. They leave fuzzies all over their tooshies and it sometimes get's in their vagina. It drives me nuts. I change them regularly but it doesn't make a difference. I prefer the regular Pampers Flex.

11. xavier2001

xavier2001 Well-Known Member

QUOTE(double-or-nothing @ Jan 31 2009, 07:05 PM) [snapback]1170798[/snapback]
    Love the way cruisers fit but they are a PITA. They leave fuzzies all over their tooshies and it sometimes get's in their vagina. It drives me nuts. I change them regularly but it doesn't make a difference. I prefer the regular Pampers Flex.

Wow, I've never had that happen, even when we've been out and about and they get really wet. You must have heavy wetters!! I find the regular pampers work ok for DD but DS always leaks out of them, must be a boy thing.

12. DATJMom

DATJMom Well-Known Member

We are a Pampers family and I really like the Cruisers. We dont have any issues with them at all.

13. sulik110202

sulik110202 Well-Known Member

We used Pampers Cruisers at home and Huggies at daycare. When the kids were smaller (prior to walking) I used Luvs, but once they started walking around, I had some problems with leaking and stopped using them. I was sad about that because they are a lot cheaper, but I was very happy with the Cruisers and Huggies.

14. sharongl

sharongl Well-Known Member

We liked the cruisers until they were really mobile, then moved on to Baby Dries. Once they were really mobile, the Cruisers would get too heavy, and drape down, due to the elastic sides.

15. Becca34

Becca34 Well-Known Member

I've tried every diaper under the sun, but always come back to Cruisers, because they work the best.

16. T.O. Twins

T.O. Twins Well-Known Member

I don't like the cruisers because of the "fuzzies" problem. It mostly happens over night, though (I can't remember for sure), so if you aren't using them overnight, it may not be a problem for you. We use Pampers Baby Dry. I've never understood why cruisers are more expensive since I think the Baby Dry are better diapers.

QUOTE(sj3g @ Jan 31 2009, 12:13 PM) [snapback]1170476[/snapback]
    As much as I loved Pampers Baby Dry, I really do not care for the Cruisers. They get too wet overnight and moisture seems to seep through to the outside layer somehow, causing the seat of pj's to be damp with the scent of urine. Ugh! And for some reason, they always give one of our girls a bad diaper rash. Probably something to do with the moisture. They just didn't work for our girls. We now use Luv's and have had no problems with leakage, moisture, or rashes.

I know of someone else who's daughter gets a rash from the Cruisers. In fac, that's how we ended up trying them, our friends passed their left-over Cruisers on to us since they couldn't use them.

17. gina_leigh

gina_leigh Well-Known Member

I love Cruisers. They are by far my favorite diaper, but since we haven't had problems with Luvs, we use them because they are cheaper.

18. leokon

leokon Active Member

QUOTE(cjk2002 @ Jan 31 2009, 11:27 AM) [snapback]1170422[/snapback]
    I've been using Walmart brand diapers for months with no real problems. They're cheap; $14 for 92 size 4 diapers. Lately though, we've been having some poop related leaks and I think it's because they are moving. :eek: Let's see how to phrase this: it's coming out of the sides of their diapers along the leg. I always try to make sure that I pull the diaper around their butts near their legs, but that does not seem to help.

So, I was thinking of trying the cruisers and was wondering if they are worth the money.

Thanks

I am a big fan of cruisers, the only brand I use with my son.

You might want to try a bigger size of the brand you like, it always worked for me with any kinds of leaks.

19. TwinsInOkinawa

TwinsInOkinawa Well-Known Member

I like the Cruisers too. We get rashes with Huggies, so we are a Pampers family (although we use Huggies Overnights and they don't cause a rash - hmmm.).

A note on the price - we are in size 4's and I just got 200 of them for 23 cents a diaper, which up here is cheaper than the Luvs. So, look for the sales and use the coupons that are in the paper or the back of the Cheerios boxes and you can get them for a decent (although I can't wait until we don't have to buy diapers!) price.

20. becky5

becky5 Guest

We use Target brand and love them. They are about the same price as Walmart brand.

21. hugdarla

hugdarla Member

Are you using the Parent's Choice or the White Cloud? We really like the White Cloud diapers at Wal-Mart...cheaper than the name brands but a little more than Parent's Choice. We also use Huggies overnights.

22. MrsBQ02

MrsBQ02 Well-Known Member

We like the new Costco diapers. They're actually a TAD more than the Huggies there at Costco, but they work really well. And ITA w/ the PP- try going up a size! That is often our solution! Good luck! Poo blow outs are YUCKY!!!

23. missymack2003

missymack2003 Well-Known Member

I also use Walmart brand diapers "Parent's Choice" and I've never had a problem with them. You might just need to go up in a size or make sure they are more secure around their legs. I won't pay for name brand diapers, but that's just me. Good luck!

MJ

24. Cynthia3200

Cynthia3200 Well-Known Member

We have the fuzzy problem here too.

We use either Cruisers or Baby Dry. Usually depends on which one our local Sams Club has that week. Lately, it's been Cruisers. I haven't ventured out of the pampers line with the girls (except for LUVS a few times) but I experimented with different ones when my son was in diapers and I always ended up back at Pampers.

25. becasquared

becasquared Well-Known Member TS Moderator

We're trying the BJ's brand diapers now, so far no gravylegs and the fit seems to be okay. Not perfect, but it's $25 for 128 of them, so they're worth a shot.

I would think the best thing for the OP to do is to just go and buy a small package and try them out. As you can see, everyone has their own opinions on diapers. And there's a reason that so many brands of diapers exist, babies have different body shapes and different needs. My two are in a size 5 (usually Pamper's babydry) even though they're nowhere close to the recommended weight, just because they seem to be the diapers that come up the highest (my two are skinny and luvs barely covers their tush, Huggies are too wide between the legs and don't come up high enough. The cruisers are too much $$ for my wallet.)

26. snoopytwins

snoopytwins Well-Known Member

QUOTE(aimeethomp @ Jan 31 2009, 01:22 PM) [snapback]1170483[/snapback]
    I really like Pampers Cruisers but I like Luv's just as much and Luv's are much cheaper.

Ditto this