Pampers Cruisers Leaking

Discussion in 'The First Year' started by cat mommy, Jun 18, 2010.

1. cat mommy

cat mommy Well-Known Member

They've outgrown the Swaddlers, size 2 so we moved on to Cruisers, size 3. And now we are having leaks (stomach, back, down the leg) and blowouts (at the crotch) every day. Never had this problem with Swaddlers. I do see a bit of a gap at the crotch, but the dipes are on as tight as possible. Anyone else have this problem? Am I doing something wrong? Should we just try Huggies? I'm getting sick of the cleanups!

2. k2daho

k2daho Well-Known Member

Maybe try baby dry instead if you want to stick with Pampers as they fit a little big more snugly than the cruisers.

3. Danibell

Danibell Well-Known Member TS Moderator

You may have to try different diapers, different kids are shaped differently and different diapers work differently (how's that for confuzzling?! :lol:).

Both my girls have/had extra booty, and the huggies seemed to fit them better. Both my boys were flat bottomed and no hips, the cruisers fit them better. My twin dd had a reaction to the huggies all of a sudden when she was 10 months old, so we've been having to use the cruisers, and they just don't fit her nicely at all! :( But I have no choice!

4. emp59

emp59 Well-Known Member

I loved swaddlers and was really sad when cruisers leaked for us as well. Huggies work amazing for us now. I got a free box of cruisers so I use them intermittenly, but huggies seems to hold more fluid, fit snugger, and sag less. I like them and I was a die hard pampers fan.

5. foppa2102

foppa2102 Well-Known Member

i've noticed that as they get bigger and change sizes, different brand diapers work better for their body shapes. for example, we used pampers when my girls were first born for awhile, then maybe around 1 yr old, huggies fit better, and now (for several months) we've preferred fisher price diapers- i swear by them! they fit the best and VERY rarely leak, even at night. one brand doesn't generally work across the spectrum.

6. AmynTony

AmynTony Well-Known Member

we went back and forth between Huggies and Pampers when they were in sizes N, 1 and 2 - once we got to size 3 Pampers were the worst source of diaper rash my kids ever had so we went solely to Huggies...I LOVED Huggies...

I've heard good things about Target Premium diapers - and if you're on the East Coast Wegmans Premium diapers are also really great for the price!

7. becasquared

becasquared Well-Known Member TS Moderator

We never could use the cruisers, they weren't slender enough for my two. So we did (still do) baby-dry diapers and Huggies overnights. We did not have good experiences with any of the generic diapers we tried, Target, Walmart, BJ's, Kirkland.

8. cat mommy

cat mommy Well-Known Member

Thanks ladies! The Huggies are working well for us!

9. piccologirl

piccologirl Well-Known Member

we used regular old pampers baby dry and then switched to target's up & up diapers. the contoured diapers like cruisers always seemed to leak more. we've been really happy with the target diapers and the $$ savings is a big improvement.

10. bbyboo1323

bbyboo1323 Well-Known Member

I've noticed as well as they get old other brands do better. I loved teh Swaddlers too and was sad when after 2s we could no longer use them. I hated Luvs when they were that small but now they arent bad at all and cheaper :) I do use Sams brand (Member Marks) its $30ish a box for 176