Part II of A week long event!! Happy Birthday Baby B! Feb. 14th - Trevor - summerfun

Discussion in 'The First Year' started by dfaut, Feb 13, 2007.

1. dfaut

dfaut 30,000-Post Club

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] HAPPY BIRTHDAY TREVOR HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!![​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Before you leave us for the big world of the 1-5 yr. board - a few requests!!

• Can you show us a before and after pic? (If you are a rewards member you can attach it otherwise you can provide a link)

Summarize your last year with your little loves!!

Tell us about your 1st birthday plans? Do you have a theme or something special you are going to do?
    Welcome to the 1-5 board and please visit the First Year Often!!!

2. dfaut

dfaut 30,000-Post Club

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] HAPPY BIRTHDAY TREVOR HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!![​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Before you leave us for the big world of the 1-5 yr. board - a few requests!!

• Can you show us a before and after pic? (If you are a rewards member you can attach it otherwise you can provide a link)

Summarize your last year with your little loves!!

Tell us about your 1st birthday plans? Do you have a theme or something special you are going to do?
    Welcome to the 1-5 board and please visit the First Year Often!!!

3. kaysyd

kaysyd Well-Known Member

[​IMG] What a celebration!!!!!!

4. MichelleS

MichelleS Well-Known Member

5. becky5

becky5 Guest

[​IMG]Trevor!!

6. Kateyes2022

Kateyes2022 Well-Known Member

7. burgybabies

burgybabies Well-Known Member

8. Her Royal Jennyness

Her Royal Jennyness Well-Known Member

Whew ------- what a fun 10 days it's been!

[​IMG] Trevor, here's to many more! [​IMG]

9. Evanly

Evanly Well-Known Member

Wow - these all week parties are exhausting [​IMG]

Happy birthday Trevor!!!

10. summerfun

summerfun Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Thought I'd post this tonight so everyone can see the pictures of my sweet boy.

Thanks for the b-day wishes for Trevor. It is so strange thinking it's Trevor's b-day, well tomorrow, and not Emilie's. We are just having too much cake!!!

Well most of you know the story about them. Emilie born at home and the drs. telling me they were going to keep Trevor in as long as possible. [​IMG] I just had no clue this could even happen and kept saying "what do you mean you are keeping him in as long as possible?" They told me there were a few reasons they would take him otherwise they would let nature takes its corse. Well 10 days after Emilie was born, Feb. 14, they did the usual daily blood counts and my white blood cells were on the rise, this was one of the reasons they said they would take him for fear of me getting an infection. Emilie's placenta was still inside me as they were afraid it may be attached to Trevor's so they didn't want to do anything to it. So early that am they told me they would check my blood again around 1ish and if they were still on the rise we would do a c-section. I was half relieved and half worried. Relieved because I was in bed for 10 days, I could not get out of bed for anything and was starting to get very depressed. I had one daughter at home who was having a very hard time dealing with things and one daughter in the NICU who I was only able to see one time and that was Feb. 13, 9 days after she was born. I was worried because I had been told by everyone that girls do so much better when they are born early, the NICU calls the boys, "whimpy white boys". But I just couldn't take it anymore. I felt so bad and like a horrible mother for secretly being happy this was about to end, but feared for my little boy. So at 2pm I was told my white blood cells were rising and we needed to do a c-section to call my DH at work. It was 2:00 and we were scheduled for the OR at 5pm. Trevor was born at 5:07 pm Feb. 14 weighing 2 lbs. 7oz. almost a whole pound bigger than Emilie. He never went on a vent!!! I'll never forget my mom telling me that DH went out and told everyone that he was born, and he was "a hefty one at 2 lbs. 7 oz." He got a few strange looks from strangers in the waiting room wondering why he thought this was a big baby. [​IMG]

Trevor had a very easy NICU stay, he was there for 8 weeks (came home when I would have been 35 weeks prengant, actually they both came home together). They only issue he had was he needed 1 blood transfusion and that was the week before he came home.

It has been an adjustment having a boy, but it has been so much fun. My DH is just thrilled to have his little boy and Trevor is definitely a momma's boy. Today at 1 year he weighs 19 lbs. 6 oz. and is crawling and standing. He has even let go a few times and stood by himself for about 10-15 seconds.

We had their b-day party last Saturday, I will post pictures when my DH uploads them to the computer, I don't know how to do that. [​IMG]

It was just family, but that still was 16 adults and 10 kids. Both he and Emilie loved the cake!!!

Here are a few pictures of Trevor then and now.

Trevor 1 day old in his tanning bed

Trevor 1 year -he would not smile at these pictures

Trevor and Emilie-1 year

And yes, Trevor has red hair and he's got curls.

Thanks again for the b-day wishes. Check back for my post with b-day party pictures.

11. Inlowtwins

Inlowtwins Well-Known Member

[​IMG] Trevor!! What a year it has been. I'm sure these 10 days were very very long for you last year. Congrats on making it thru the year. Emilie and Trevor are just precious and I know how proud you are of them. Can't wait to see your b'day pictures. Here's [​IMG] to us making it to year 2!!

12. moski

moski Well-Known Member TS Moderator

[​IMG] Trevor!!

13. Trish_e

Trish_e Well-Known Member

[​IMG] Trevor!!

14. Cassie05

Cassie05 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

I just love that 1 year picture! Cute kids!

15. valentinetwins

valentinetwins Well-Known Member

Happy Birthday Trevor!! [​IMG] [​IMG] What a cool day to be born on!

Thanks for sharing your birthstory with us mom. That was soo amazing!

16. JDMummy

JDMummy Well-Known Member

Happy Birthday Trevor!!!! [​IMG] Amy, thanks for sharing that story! It brought tears to my eyes to hear about all you went through as his mother and that everything went ok in the end! They are both absolutely precious, I really love Trevor's red hair!

Again [​IMG] T! And you can never have too many cake (IMO)!

17. natmarie

natmarie Well-Known Member

Happy Birthday Trevor! How far you have come!

18. NicoleT

NicoleT Well-Known Member

Happy Birthday Trevor! [​IMG]

19. Minette

Minette Well-Known Member

[​IMG] Trevor, now it's your turn to be the birthday kid!

20. seamusnicholas

seamusnicholas Well-Known Member

Happy Birthday Trevor! What Beautiful Little Miracles!

21. Babies4Susan

Babies4Susan Well-Known Member

Happy birthday Trevor. They are both so adorable!!