Peeing on the floor on purpose

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by AmberG, Sep 30, 2011.

1. AmberG

AmberG Well-Known Member

What do you do when your child pees on the floor or all over the bathroom on purpose? My son is 2.5 and he has been doing this when my mom watches him two days a week. Thus far she has made him clean up his mess. Should there be other consequences? What is the best way to react? It is obvious that he is peeing on purpose and he admits it, too. (He is really verbal).

2. kingeomer

kingeomer Well-Known Member TS Moderator

My DD did this when we were PT-ing DS. She was not getting the attention he was and apparently was not happy about it. I had her help clean it up and sent her to her room for some cool down time (more so for me then her). Does your DS give a reason why? I think having him help clean it up is a good response.

3. MNTwinSquared

MNTwinSquared Well-Known Member

I think cleaning it up himself is an excellent idea.

4. AmberG

AmberG Well-Known Member

My mom said that earlier this week they were in his room. DS was holding his penis and said, "I want to spray pee pee all over this room." What?!

5. kingeomer

kingeomer Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Oh no! It sounds like he is definitely trying to test limits right now. :faint: Though, if he is going to test limits, I wish he would find another way, rather then peeing around the house to see what happens. Kids, you never know what fresh stuff they are going to come up with.

6. MrsWright

MrsWright Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Oh dear! He sounds like my boys! They are constantly (when they are naked) grabbing their weiners and saying "Pee pee pee" and pretending to spray it. and the other day I heard JT say "Bend over, wipe my poopy butt Jack" Luckily they have never done it before. Maybe he's bored with just going in the water? Would buying some of those foam targets or cheerios to pee on in the potty bring back some interest?