People and they're comments

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by lj20272, Nov 20, 2006.

1. lj20272

lj20272 Well-Known Member

I know that over the time of reading posts in here I see people sharing some of the comments they recieve off people when they find out your having twins. Heres one that I havent heard before and thought was fairly rude.

On the weekend, I dragged myself down to the shop with my mother who has come from interstate to be with me for the birth of my boys. While mum and I were sorting through our shopping, I thought i'd take a seat. This middle aged couple walked passed and the lady said to me nicely "oh you look like you need a rest" I smiled and nodded as usual. My mum on the other hand looks at her and proudly boasts about how I'm having twins (I dont bother telling people anymore). The lady looks back at me and says "Well my condolences then!"

[​IMG]

What is that meant to mean???? I just sat there dumb founded. I thought condolences were something you passed on when someone died.

Narrow minded people......lets just hope she wasn't blessed with twins.

2. lj20272

lj20272 Well-Known Member

I know that over the time of reading posts in here I see people sharing some of the comments they recieve off people when they find out your having twins. Heres one that I havent heard before and thought was fairly rude.

On the weekend, I dragged myself down to the shop with my mother who has come from interstate to be with me for the birth of my boys. While mum and I were sorting through our shopping, I thought i'd take a seat. This middle aged couple walked passed and the lady said to me nicely "oh you look like you need a rest" I smiled and nodded as usual. My mum on the other hand looks at her and proudly boasts about how I'm having twins (I dont bother telling people anymore). The lady looks back at me and says "Well my condolences then!"

[​IMG]

What is that meant to mean???? I just sat there dumb founded. I thought condolences were something you passed on when someone died.

Narrow minded people......lets just hope she wasn't blessed with twins.

3. Heathermomof5

Heathermomof5 Well-Known Member

HOW RUDE!!! I have gotten comments like that also! Yesterday a
    woman at a department store asked me if I was due to deliver any day
    or is it twins? I told her it was twins and she told me that I needed to go home and get in the bed because her sister in law lost her triplets because she did'nt stay in the bed!!!! This was a total stranger!!! I was speachless!!

4. Michelle B

Michelle B Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    Wow! That was a vicious comment! Why can't people just learn how to keep their mouths closed if they have nothing nice to say. Ever heard of the "golden rule"? Do unto others as you would have them do unto you?????

5. moski

moski Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I can't imagine what makes people say the things they say. Maybe she doesn't have kids and can't imagine having two at once....I don't know. I feel bad for her if she doesn't know the joy of being a mother (twice over is even better). Don't let those types of people get you upset.

6. Marbear

Marbear Well-Known Member

Jealousy. I'm convinced that is what it is. Try not to let it get you down...and like you said- hope she wasn't blessed with twins herself.

7. cbrown39

cbrown39 Well-Known Member

Well maybe she was just trying to be funny and it came out wrong. I have had people say things kinda of like that but in a joking kind of manner. I wouldn't let it get to ya. I just love the look on peoples faces when they ask if these are my first and I say no they are number 4 and 5. You want to talk about the looks I get. I just laugh.

8. Gordana

Gordana Well-Known Member

She deserved to be slapped for that comment! What a rude wench. Maybe she's jealous. [​IMG]

Gordana

9. jenagee

jenagee Active Member

People are soo rude!! I think sometimes its a jealousy factor!
    Jen

10. luv_my_kidz

luv_my_kidz Well-Known Member

That was SO rude!! [​IMG]on her!!

11. Twinnylou

Twinnylou Well-Known Member

Lol i had all those comments when i told people i was having twins . Wait to you have them it gets a whole lot better ! My twins are boy and girl and i can not remember the amount of times i have had are they identical or wow how do you cope! It must be hard work and i wouldnt want twins! I just laugh and say well i do and they are great fun! x

12. sse02

sse02 Well-Known Member

These comments that are posted are so outrageous! I've been fortunate enough not to have any yet....but I'm sure they'll be coming soon.

I've been getting the ones "due any day?" Actually no - 3 months to go, thanks [​IMG] The looks are priceless.

13. Katja

Katja Well-Known Member

My worst one so far:
    When I was only a couple weeks pregnant and had just found out I'm having twins, a co-worker (never could stand her anyway) told me: "You know it's not even for sure yet, if you're having twins, what if you go to your next appointment and one of them died" [​IMG]
    I just stood there frozen for about 10 Minutes after she said that.

14. Boni

Boni Well-Known Member

Thas was so RUDE!! I too am convinced that it is just jealousy. My rudest comment, and surely dererved a slap had i not been so flabbergasted, was an old lady (late 50's) commenting upon hearing i was expecting twins, that the 'human race was not design for litters!!" [​IMG]

15. Maryn24

Maryn24 Well-Known Member

I got these kinds of comments all the time when i was pregnant.... by the time I was six months along, I was comfortable telling people to Shutup and mind their own business, cause we're very happy! I work at Walmart, and this woman came through one day, and shes asking me about them, and it comes out that its twins, and made my condolences comment, and I came unglued and told her to shut the F up, because my babies were a blessing, and that meant both of them!

16. Mommy2PJ

Mommy2PJ Well-Known Member

People are ridiculous! I can't believe the things they say!

I've been asked "did you conceive them naturally"... ummm yes, and what business is it of yours?!?!

And I've been told "I don't know whether to say I'm sorry or congrats" (because it's twins). Ummmm ok? They'll be eating those comments if one or both of them doesn't make it through the surgery with Quintero next week!

I also have a 10-month old right now (he'll be 12-13 months when these guys are born) and if I hear ONE more time "wow, you have your hands full" I'm going to scream!!

17. Her Royal Jennyness

Her Royal Jennyness Well-Known Member

You know what the absolute best reply to "rude comments" is???

Why?

That's right, if you ask them why they think that, then they have to explain themselves, then they realize how dumb they sound. Works like a CHARM! [​IMG]